• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion pistol followed me home today...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely a CVA lock with a custom barrel, should shoot well.
No way could you pass up on that bargain.
About 45 years ago I lived near Pocahontas Arkansas & attending Berryville shoots with my family & buddy Hutch were always great fun !!
Relic shooter
Kuna, Idaho

I had it out the other day and tried some shooting from a table & rest on my deck. It's about 20 yards to the target. I upped the powder charge to 40 gr fffg Goex and it shot very well. The accuracy was even better than before. I was able to shoot 11 rounds before a severe thunderstorm rolled in. I didn't get a chance to pick up the target before the wind and rain started. When the storm was over the target had blown away, probably out in the woods somewhere or over in the next county or Missouri. I live about 5 miles from the state line. Ten of the shots were within the 4 inch square with 1 called flyer.

Well believe it or not.... but it happened and even more amazing was it was found, by my Catahula hound Oakley. Today I went out and started looking for the target. Oakley came with me. I got the idea to show him another target and told him find it several times. Then we went off in the direction the wind was blowing to. It happened to be east and down our driveway. Oakley always runs ahead when we go out in the woods or take a walk. I got about half way down the drive to the first turn and here came Oakley back up the hill with the target in his mouth. It was soaking wet and torn where he was holding it but was able to get a couple of pictures.
Oakley after treats and taking a nap.
20230816_173334.jpg
20230816_173658.jpg

20230318_133329.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to add I could see the sights clearly after having cataract surgery the last 2 weeks in July. No more bifocals to try & see them. Should have had them done years ago. Hint... if you are having trouble seeing your sights, get checked for cataracts and have them fixed if your Dr. says it's time.

Looks like that sweet deal just got sweeter. Nice find, who cares that it doesn't follow a set pattern, it's a shooter!
Good boy, Oakley. Give him a treat!

Latest posts

Back