• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion caps #11

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard nothing but complaints lately about CCI, my thought is that maybe the stuff they are putting out now could maybe old stock that's been sitting around to long.
I buy Remington #10's or 11's whenever I can find them. But also have been picking up musket caps.. because I just bought a musket nipple for my 50. Cal
Lol. I still have 6 or 7 tins of CCI #11's I bought when my 27 year old son was about 3 years old. They still go bang every time. Infact they're so reliable I had to shut my other son and his 1858 Remington down using them and bought the kit so he could make his own dang caps. Don't be blasting up my stash of those CCI's until a reliable source presents itself again.

Sportsman's warehouse has #11 percussion caps. You can only purchase 1 tin at a time, but you can make multiple orders and have them shipped to your local store. Online they are $5.99/per tin of 100.
I've been meaning to get up to my "local" SW, but it's over an hour away but I'll keep my options open! Good to know they have them, my nearest SW is in Warminster, PA. (Oops, now there'll be a ton of guys there tomorrow!)

I have heard nothing but complaints lately about CCI, my thought is that maybe the stuff they are putting out now could maybe old stock that's been sitting around to long.
I buy Remington #10's or 11's whenever I can find them. But also have been picking up musket caps.. because I just bought a musket nipple for my 50. Cal
Been using many brands over the years. No problem with my older CCI #11s and recently bought some from Cabela's that work fine. No problems here.

Never had any problem with CCI #11 caps. Can't say the same about Remington #11 caps: The primer pellet sometimes falls out in the can.

My question is will Remington #10 s get plentiful and cheap again?
I feel that Remington UMC doesn't put a high priority on percussion cap production

The profit margin is low and honestly, before these asshat hoarders and resellers came on the scene, the market consumption of percussion caps was probably relatively low compared to ammunition. I don't see the board meetings at Remington being all like "We've got to get #10 caps out and now! Our customers need them!"

I do appreciate the European and UK market, largely because those shooters most likely consume 50% of the percussion caps produced because they are avid muzzleloaders and percussion revolver shooters, and help with demand so CCI and Remington make more caps to sell over there. Plus RWS .

Back