• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion cap tins

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The newer CCI tin lids are tight but after I open them the first time, I do not have a problem with them again. I simply don’t push the lids on so hard. Still seals well and no problem opening from then on.

The latest CCI tins I purchased are a pain in the culo to open. I have a couple of tin hinged containers I bought when visiting Heidelberg. These will make things a lot easier. 😉
IMG_9290.jpeg
IMG_9292.jpeg
IMG_9291.jpeg

The containers that contain test strips for Glucose testing (CVS) make great cap containers easy to open yet waterproof.

I'm gonna get one of those press thingys to start making my own caps soon. Until I can get something a little more HC I'm going to recycle a few Red Seal plastic snuff cans for storage. I seen to generate plenty of those.
I've taken up DIY caps and use the test strip containers described above. What few commercial caps I have left are also in them. They are the 21st century film can. 😀

With diabetes rampant, if you aren't "lucky" enough to be diabetic you probably know a potential supplier. 😉

Latest posts

Back