• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Peep for White Mountain Carbine?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbow

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know of a peep sight I can get for my WMC? Been using it for years with factory sights but eyes are aging and I really need a peep. Ideas? Thanks, Craig

one for a T/C Hawken will work. you'll hafta drill & tap the third hole in the tang.

Lyman makes a great one, 57SML I think is what it is called. I have 4 of them. You will either have to/have your tang drilled and tapped. I dont think any WMC's were made with the third hole.

On the guns I put the peep sights on, I put the Lyman globe sight on as well. If you dont like the inserts that come with it, Brownells sells a punched steel card that comes with a bunch of different inserts on it. Just another option.

You are aware of the peeps available. As for your Tang's extra hole. Take it to a good hardware store and have its holes measured. Buy a drill and tap for the purpose. Then its just a simple measure of your skills knowing how to keep all three holes in alignment and measured from one holes middle to the next holes middle. Split the difference drill/ Tap and your done. Ready to mount your desired tang mounted Peep.

Or you could ask well known B/P store via on-line if they have someone there who can do the Drilling & Tap work for you. Track of the Wolf sell the Lyman peeps. They may be one of those to ask if their machine shop provides the service to a Lyman peep buying customer.

Skinner make a nice one for the TC that mounts where the Orginal adj sight is or they have one for a dovetail! May have to file to fit! Just type in skinnersights.com to go to his web page! I put one on my Crockett and love it! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
To get the increased depth of field and sharpening of the sight picture that a peep sight provides to older eyes the aperture needs to be close to the shooters eye ie. mounted on the tang. I really don't think there would be much advantage to the original poster with the peep mounted in the original sight holes.

I put a Williams peep sight on my White Mountain Carbine. It's mounted on the barrel, not the tang. It works very well.

Back