• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky w/flat faced breech?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowhammer

40 Cal
Reaction score
I was looking through an old thread from '19 (LINK) and a guy mentioned that his Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock had a flat face breech instead of the typical patent breech. Can someone verify that this is the case on the guns that are available now? Pedersoli is too busy answer questions.

I just converted a percussion Kentucky rifle from Pedersoli to flintlock and I can assure you that it has that patent breech. It's not a brand new production gun but it's not that old either. I got it second hand so I don't know exactly how old it is. It's a really good shooter though.
I ordered the lock and vent from Pedersoli and they use the same breech for both percussion and flintlock. The factory vent is a direct replacement for the percussion drum.

My secondhand Kentucky flint pedisorry with a broken tang
It is a flat faced breach.
I've posted the problems with his rifle before. To many to list again.
On the positive it did feel nice in the hands. And not as long as the three kiblers I've put together. After my experience with italian rifle, metric sizes. And double the price quotes for replacement parts. Yup three Kiblers later all in 3 1/2 months. I have three good flintlocks and a forever project rifle. That may become percussion.

Attachments

• 20230917_215147.jpg
    20230917_215147.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230917_215715.jpg
    20230917_215715.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back