• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Frontier/Blue Ridge Rifle Lock Conversion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeutonicHeathen

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I just found a good deal on a Pedersoli frontier/blue ridge rifle in 32 cal. I went ahead a bought it. The only downside is its a percussion. I am really wanting a flintlock. What is the best method for removing the barrel drum without marring and tearing it up? I figured I can remove the barrel and replace with a vent liner and a L&R RPL #6 lock. Any advice or tips? This will be my first conversion.

I just recently converted a .36 Blue Ridge from percussion to flint using the L&R RPL#6 replacement lock. Had to hog out some wood from the lock area per the instructions and shorten the sear lever some, but it was a relatively easy conversion. As you may know, the barrel is removed by removing the two screws in the lock and tang area and the two screws in the ram rod ferrules. The drum can be easily turned out as it has flat sides for a wrench to fit. Just pad the wrench to prevent marring the surface. The touch hole liner screws right into the barrel where the drum was screwed in. I had to file the liner down so it fit flush with the barrel, but the conversion was easy. Now I can convert the gun back and forth as desired.

Fyrstyk

Thanks for the outstanding reply! You answered everything I was looking for. Couple more ??? What vent liner did you use and what size Flints? Thanks

Fyrstyk had better luck than I did. In my case the drum was drilled low...so low that about 4 threads were actually visible in the adjoining lower flat! :shocked2: Not only would it be dangerous to put a touchhole liner there, IMO, but the touch hole would so low it would at a minimum be at the bottom of the pan if not even lower.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

I got the touch hole liner from Track of the Wolf. The L&R lock uses a 3/4" flint which I also got from Track. I guess I was lucky, cause the touch hole is about 1/16" above the pan and perfectly centered.

One caution, if you have to file down the face of the touch hole liner, be sure to make sure you have enough depth in the screw driver slot to install and remove the line. I had to cut mine alittle deeper with a dremel tool after filing.

Fyrstyk

Back