• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli double kit gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missedshot

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Available through DGW, anyone own, shoot , or know anything about these?I am pondering the 10 bore. Thanks, Missedshot.

I own a double barrel 10ga Shotgun. I love it. The nipples is rubbish but the gun is fantastic. I have shot clays, doves, francolin and guinea fowl with mine. I never used the 109gr suggested on the barrel. I use 69gr for a light load and 88 for a medium load.
Here is a pic of a successful day.
thebag.jpg

Nice photo. I had one and it was very good, it was choked as a fowling gun in as it,s right barrel was the tighter choke for shooting incoming birds. I used mine for everything,it was just abit to heavy for my needs so I swaped it for a 12g. It,s nipples are as I find all Peders- to tight and a litte releif cures them :thumbsup:

Christiaan,
Would the kit be cheap enough so that I could put the stock, locks, and breechplugs in the cabnet, rebreech for a flinter, and build a double flinter around the joined barrels? It is an interesting thought.
volatpluvia

I'll be honest, I'm not really pleased with mine at all. Mine is the pedersoli 10 by dixie gun works.

Buy a brand new gun and have to work on it like it's a 100 yrs old.

If it were me doing it all over again I'd buy a used gun, one of the classics, buy it once and be done! the only nice thing with the pedersolis is the chrome lined barrels allowing you to shoot steel.

volatpluvia said:
Christiaan,
Would the kit be cheap enough so that I could put the stock, locks, and breechplugs in the cabnet, rebreech for a flinter, and build a double flinter around the joined barrels? It is an interesting thought.
volatpluvia
Volatpluvia, just ask your agent to import only the barrel. They can do it. In SA it is just more than half the price of a complete gun. I think it might be an affordable option. I'd like to hear more about your plans. :thumbsup:

AkDan, you are so lucky to still have good quality classic's in your country. Our forefathers did not like cleaning. Most originals are unshootable in SA. We have to use replicas and yes we also have to work a bit on the fit and action. We do not have a Mike Brooks or an equal so Pedersoli is our best alternative.

Christaan,
Ah, well, um, ahem, I don't have any plans, just a wild thought. I have thought seriously from time to time about a double flinter. And your advice sounds good if I ever went for it. Thanks.
volatpluvia

OK, I just got very excited for your sake. Seems new interesting projects intrigues me. Especially if they are doubles. :thumbsup:

Christaan,
Theyexcite me, too. That is why I have three guns to build right now, and just for myself! So I do not want to add another just now. Maybe a long range project, wo knows. I also would like to build a bow, Hhhhmmmmnnnnnn!
volatpluvia

Latest posts

Back