• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli/cabelas blue ridge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtewsmoke

45 Cal.
Reaction score
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...40527.uts?WTz_l=SEO;cat104701680;cat104641380
looking for some opinions, actually held one @ cabelas the other day @ it shoulders real nice and the trigger pull is pretty dang nice also, the wood isnt that great tho, and I wish they offered the 1/65" twist in the .50 sted of 1/48". Also, how hard is it to remove the barrel for cleaning? This dont seem to be too bad of a price (for cabelas). thinkin bout a Christmas gift for my wife. Can anyone share some firsthand knowledge? Thanks Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not help any concerning the .50cal, but I do have a Blue Ridge in .32cal (flint). I've had it for quite a few years and it has not ever let me down. Very accurate and just a pleasure to shoot. As far as the wood, I've seen prettier wood on a peach basket, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Vern

she is a shooter, she held and shouldered the gun and liked it too. she says the plains style or hawkins are too front heavy for her, but this cabelas gun wasnt at all to heavy for her. She has wanted to get her own 1st ML for a couple years but she is pretty sure about what she wants and hasnt found it yet.

I have the same rifle in 50 flint, as well as the carbine in 50 cap.

You should have zero concern about the 1:48 rather than something slower. Many originals were also 1:48, and like those rifles of yore, these modern ones are really accurate with RBs.

To remove the barrel you have to reach a screwdriver into the provided holes in the ramrod pipes and back a screw out of each. No big deal.

As for wives, mine really enjoys shooting both, though she prefers the shorter and lighter carbine for long walks.

newtewsmoke said:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Black-Powder/Traditional-Rifles-Shotguns%7C/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/104641380/Pedersoli-Blue-Ridge8482-Percussion-Rifle/740527.uts?WTz_l=SEO%3Bcat104701680%3Bcat104641380
apparently they dont have or dont offer a .54

I absolutely love Pedersoli Frontier in any caliber. I had it for a few years and a couple of my friends have those rifles. It was .32. Extremely accurate and good looking rifles. While simple in design, these have pretty fit and finish. Colors are deep and locks are good. Long barrels give you wonderful sight picture and this combined with not recoiling caliber gives you tack driver you will never regret. I have never had a misfire in mine, and my friends never had any issues. If I had to choose another .32, it would be Pedersoli Frontier. I only sold it because of some expenses I had in the family. Strongly regret it. As far as caliber goes I always liked .32.
I used it for small game and target shooting. My max range was about 40-50yards. I think for accuracy at longer ranges for target shooting you would be better off with a .36 or .40 for that
matter. Actually gunbroker has and gunsamerica had few of them in 50 cal if you're interestes. .32 is just a cute little ball. Big enough for squirrels, foxes and whatever smaller size game.
I'm sure experts here will give you more experienced opinions.

499.00???????? That's a deal bro!!!! Get it while you can. Them Pedersolis are expensive.

I have a 50 cal pedersoli blueridge I m having trouble finding an accurate load for it, I've only shot it about 25 times any suggestions.

My suggestion is the Cabela's Kentucky in flint. It is a very nice rifle and a smaller size would especially fit a woman. :thumbsup:
On the examples I have the Blue Ridge has it's issues but I have found none with the Kentucky (in flint).
It reminds me of a flintlock version of a TC Seneca. :grin:
And to top it off Cabela's has run it on sale for $449. So, I am a thumbs down on the Blue Ridge. :td:

smokepole32 said:
I have a 50 cal pedersoli blueridge I m having trouble finding an accurate load for it, I've only shot it about 25 times any suggestions.

Probably the biggest thing is to just shoot it for a while until the bore "settles down" if I can use that term. It took about 100 shots for either of mine to really start shooting well, I'm guessing because the bore might have been so new the rifling was cutting patches a little.

Funny thing, both my flinter and my capper like either 80 grains of 3f Goex or 90 grains of 2f Goex with .490 balls and ticking patches lubed with TOW Mink Oil Grease. For lighter charges down in the 50-grain range, they both want a little tighter combo for best accuracy.

I bought my rifle new so it probably does need breaking in, what thickness patch do you use and how well do you think it would shoot maxi hunters? I prefer prb's but would like to try maxi hunters in it.

newtewsmoke said:
she is a shooter, she held and shouldered the gun and liked it too. she says the plains style or hawkins are too front heavy for her, but this cabelas gun wasnt at all to heavy for her. She has wanted to get her own 1st ML for a couple years but she is pretty sure about what she wants and hasnt found it yet.
Did she indicate that she may have found it in this Cabellas gun?

Just remembering a number of gifts from spouses over the years that turned out to be of more interest to the person who gave it to me than me. Just trying to help you avoid that pitfall.

A gun is a present that I doubt many women would fully apreciate unless she was absolutely excited about the piece.

Of course I have no clue what your wife is like so I should shut up now.

Thats sure enough a good price! Now ya have me looking at buying one! I always thought the barrel was " pinned" into the stock on the Blue Ridge. I always hated that about my Traditions Penn. rifle and one of the reasons I sold it.
499$ is also a VERY attractive price!

My wife bought me a .45 Blue Ridge flinter over 15 years ago when I was heavy into muzzle loading competion. This was my first flinter. After drilling the touch hole to 1/16th", it's as reliable as any cap lock. I also, changed the factory front sight to a thin silver blade, which gives me a better sight picture. It's the best production long rifle. If your wife really likes it, get it now. At $499.88 for percussion and $529.88 for flint, this sale won't last long. While you're at it, get one for yourself too. Who knows when you'll see these prices again!

cynthialee said:
Did she indicate that she may have found it in this Cabellas gun?

-well, she held it, shouldered it, looked it over real good, and she did indicate that she liked it.

Just remembering a number of gifts from spouses over the years that turned out to be of more interest to the person who gave it to me than me. Just trying to help you avoid that pitfall.A gun is a present that I doubt many women would fully apreciate unless she was absolutely excited about the piece.

-we have been buying each other guns for Christmas for several years now. Its great!!

Of course I have no clue what your wife is like so I should shut up now.

-No problem, thanks for lookin out fer me!
p.s. couldnt help but notice that you sed "spouses" lol, just razzin ya!! "I" should shut up now!!

cowpoke1955 said:
If your wife really likes it, get it now. At $499.88 for percussion and $529.88 for flint, this sale won't last long. While you're at it, get one for yourself too. Who knows when you'll see these prices again!
I wish they had em in .54, dont own any .50's so now i'll have to invest in a complete arsenol of .50 supplies, dont think I can afford 2 of em, hmm...maybe.

I don't know what happened to the .54. They don't even list the .32 or the .36 either. I was going to get one in .54 back in 2006 when they went for $400. Just before I ordered the price jumped to over $600. After that, my wife bought me a .54 GPR flint kit. As for changing calibers, it only cost $16.58. Thats the cost of a Lee double cavity .490 round ball mold at F&M Reloading: http://www.fmreloading.com/Merchan...Code=90448&Category_Code=Lee+Round+Ball+Molds . Go ahead. You know you want one too :rotf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back