• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Baker rifle video

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheba

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here s a video of Pedersoli talking about their Baker rifle replica.Videos in Italian and the Baker rifle is talked about at around the 8 minute mark.Supposedly the Baker will start to be available around June 2024

They hold it up at 9:25.

I have not listened to the video yet, but looking at what they are holding up makes me believe it is an original, unless they are making one with a stub twist barrel, which would be interesting.
Mike

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230908_145915_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230908_145915_Firefox.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 0
Here s a video of Pedersoli talking about their Baker rifle replica.Videos in Italian and the Baker rifle is talked about at around the 8 minute mark.Supposedly the Baker will start to be available around June 2024

Imagine my surprise when I started watching this video and realizing I didn't speak ITALIAN.

I have not listened to the video yet, but looking at what they are holding up makes me believe it is an original, unless they are making one with a stub twist barrel, which would be interesting.
Mike

They say it is an original. Also mentioning that it is „very rare“.

The Baker rifle that they're holding looks like the 1806 version rather than the model 1800 that so many people want. I have a TRS 1806 that I'm changing the rounded lock to the more appealing flat lock that this rifle has. The rifle they are holding also has the split stock in the bottom of the forearm that was put in to prevent the ramrod from jamming from mud & debris.

It is a nice looking weapon.

00.jpg

If you you use the translator on the video they say they are working on reproducing the Baker and it may be in production sometime in 2024

They say it is an original. Also mentioning that it is „very rare“.
So rare that even I have one and I know at least six people who do as well. A couple having more than one. Uncommon but not rare but it is good news that they will be making them. Hopefully with the service 1:120 twist and with the drop of the early rifles and not the over straight later ones.

You think their prices are (too) high?
Well, yes and no. :dunno:
As in too high for me to want to pony up the bucks, full price for a brand new piece, yes.
As in too high for the Pedersoli products imported in from overseas, no.
As in too high for the practical realities of shooting muzzleloaders (like my .61 bore flintlock half stock rifle versus a close replica of a Baker), yes.
As in too high to be reasonable prices for today's inflationary environment (the Euro versus Biden bucks), no.

Well, yes and no. :dunno:
As in too high for the practical realities of shooting muzzleloaders (like my .61 bore flintlock half stock rifle versus a close replica of a Baker), yes.

Just making sure I understand you correctly: you feel they are too expensive for how they perform?

Just making sure I understand you correctly: you feel they are too expensive for how they perform?
Well, yes and no (again). 🙂
Brand new they cost too much for what I care to do with a muzzleloder. The Pedersoli products also happen to be art objects just as if one was purchasing a framed and matted print or a piece of statuary. So it's a matter of what a person is willing to pay for what they have in mind to purchase.

Latest posts

Back