• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pecatonica River Jaeger Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rice

36 Cal.
Reaction score
What do you think of this kit for a first? Also what do you think of the lock and triggers? Anyone with experience with this gun, please let me know what you think?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Although I can not speak for the Jaeger kit, I just received an Early Lancaster kit from Pecatonica River. It arrived about a week ago. It was the first time I bought from them. So far I am very pleased with my decision to purchase from them. The stock looks to be flawless. The pre inletting seems very good with enough wood left over for the possibility of fitting parts nicely and some nice carving. I still have a lot of work ahead of me but that

I can vouch for the R.E. Davis lock and triggers as being top notch and uniquely styled. Some say the Davis Jaeger lock is too curved to be correct but they are wrong. Just look at pages 10, 11, 104 and 105 in Shumway's Jaeger book and you'll see what I mean. I would suggest the extra cost options for a swamped barrel and the wooden patchbox. I have seen some few Jaegers without patchboxes but never one with a straight barrel (no, I haven't seen every Jaeger ever made but I've stidied a lot of 'em). My Jaeger kit was from TOTW but hear Track uses Pecatonica stocks. If this is so then I must say I was happy with the wood. I believe Rat has a different experience with the stock but you need to ask him about it. Good luck. Always nice to have more Jaegermeisters around here.

Back