• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Panther Primitives Tents

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omahkapi'si

Frontier .50
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Verdict is in: I really love my new 7x7 wedge tent. Very well made and so easy to set up. It's up and ready to go in 15 minutes, 1 man job. I got mine through Crazy Crow but anybody looking for a historic style tent, check out PP tents. Happy customer. :)

PhotoFunia-1689983376.jpg

'morning,

I've had half a dozen Panthers of different styles over the years, and they are hands down the best tents out there. The quality and attention to detail can't be beat. A little pricer than some, but well worth it.

Mike

I've had two over the years, one I still have, short wall Sargent's tent just about as easy to put up as a wedge.
Also had a really big wall tent that could be divided into two sections, way too much effort to put up for me or most people.
But they hold up well considering the smaller one is over 30 years.

Does this tent come with the floor in it or was it an add on. I looked at the Crazy Crow site and it doesnt say and they dont off a floor kit so just asking from someone who owns one.

Panther does not sew in floors - causes too many adverse issues. They offer 2 options, but there is a 3rd one as DIY. But something to be aware of .... one should get a tent with the widest 'sod flap' possible so as to make the best use of making the tent 'weather tight'.
  • Option #1 is your choice of their canvas material, but you need to ADD something under it like a plastic tarp, if out in inclement weather, or heavy dew
  • Option #2 is your choice of their canvas material with the plastic backer sewn is, called their 'Super Ground Cloth'
  • DIY Option #3 is to source a suitable ground cloth (many posts on here recently!) of canvas and your own tarp underneath
FWIW a friend sets up his 10x12 P-P wall tent for season(s) at a time and there's a tarp as a ground cloth and then carpets that fit the inside as a floor. Where the stove is set, we put down the fire retardant blankets, 4' by 6', selling for only $23 from Harbor Freight as a welding blanket.

TIP: See the Wall Tent above? That has the optional 'higher' side walls and if buying a new tent, definitely go for that! However, we use our's (I have a P-P 10x10) in Winter and we do not put the stove pipe out through the top/roof, nor do they have a stove jack there (keep this in mind if purchasing one & going this way ... ) as a roof exit prevents us from putting a large fly up over the complete tent(s).

We prefer the stove jack high on the side wall, towards the corner of one end of the tent (not through a door). With the fly up, we've had one (or both) set up as a hunting camp and get-away spot for 2-3 years at a time - with NO issues. We'll periodically break it down, clean it all up, re-treat for water protection and set it all back up again. A clean tent is a happy tent ... LOL!

The full coverage tent fly helps shed any snows from accumulating and/or hurting the tent proper, plus it keeps it warmer in cool/cold climates weather and cooler in hot weather. The fly also extends off one end by 4' to give a small covered 'mud room' or porch area, but we also have smaller additional flies to add if we want to make an extended outdoor dining/lounging area. Those just take more poles ...

Go P-P ... you can't go wrong!

Back