• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pair of Belgian 1860 Army’s

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDGE

32 Cal
Reaction score
0858BA9C-FDE3-4C21-8300-A81FD750736D.jpeg

My congrats, Edge, on your acquisition.
Interesting comment, 45D: I have checked - disassembled & reassembled - probably 100 or more of these Belgian Centaures during the last 20 years. None, repeat none had a short arbor. Let me have the serial number of the one you found, please, and I will add her with a subject comment to the Centaure data bank of www.1960nma.org.

Interesting comment, 45D: I have checked - disassembled & reassembled - probably 100 or more of these Belgian Centaures during the last 20 years. None, repeat none had a short arbor. Let me have the serial number of the one you found, please, and I will add her with a subject comment to the Centaure data bank of www.1960nma.org.

That is interesting, can you post a pic of the witness mark in the bottom of the arbor hole where the arbor is touching?

Mike

Sorry Mike, what is a witness mark?
I am very much aware of Belgians with loose arbors and other maladies acquired during their five, six or more decades of use.
Which should not be surprising because the last specimens were assembled in early summer of 1973.
Long Johns Wolf

Sure it is but an Open Top is an Open Top is an Open Top. My customers guns as well as my own have evidence of contact of the arbor to the bottom of the arbor hole. They all use the same technology. I'm guessing yours don't have any evidence of contact.

Mike

I've wondered, where these actually mfg. in a Belgium factory? Or just Italian marketed thru a Belgium company? Never had or seen one, just curious. You've got some real solid hands-on with these! Thanks.

If it makes anybody feel any better, here is my 1st Mod. Dragoon with the same "indicator". It started out as a cap and ball revolver and I installed a Kirst gated conversion in it. So as stated, an Open Top is an Open Top . . .
20220423_113525.jpg

Mike

Back