• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA flintlock season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiddler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I may not shoot a lot of deer but I always have some excitement....

So yesterday I'm out hunting with the flintlock. I'm sneaking down this old logging road in State Game Lands 183 and noticing the various animal tracks and scratchings. I see this one spot on the ground that looks kinda odd: the dirt for a spot about 12" round is darker and looks loose like something was scratching at it. Well Fiddler gets curious and scuffs it with his toe and.........................WHAP!! I'm caught in a coyote trap. Now if I had been wearing boots........no problem, but I'm wearing my 18th century duds including moccasins. SOB!! I extricated myself and looked at it. The trap was still shiny and had a name tag on it so presumably the owner checks it at least every 48 hours as the law requires. Seemed like a dumbass place to set a trap (unless he was trapping *********........in which case he was successful) but ...?

Later I discovered another old abandoned blue stone quarry. I have a found a couple others in this game lands. One of them I found awhile ago had this odd looking stone structure which looked suspiciously like an altar. I figured it was just somebody bored who started stacking up the loose leftover stone. Well the one I found yesterday also had one of these "altars" and this one had a triangle shaped stone mounted on the top. Freaky.

All in all another fine day in Penns Woods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back