• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Flintlock season December 27, 2021

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a friendly reminder, you don't need a doe tag to kill one doe in Pa. flintlock season if you didn't kill a buck before now. You can shoot a buck or 1 doe with the tag. That's state wide also.
I never use my buck tag for a doe during flintlock season. I always have at least one doe tag left for a doe. I don't want to tag a doe with the buck tag, then be out a week later and see a nice buck and not have a tag to use on it.

I love this late season. Have been out every evening and not seen another hunter yet. The regulations now, are a big improvement from the days of only one deer tag. If you took a buck then, you couldn't hunt in the flintlock season.

We're heading out at 8:30 with a gang of 12 or so. Hopefully the fog breaks up early this morning. It held on the hills all day yesterday.

Went today with a dozen guys. I watched first frive, pushed deer after that. Got 6 miles in, but never saw a deer. Other guys saw 10, some saw none. Young guy missed his first flintlock deer, so that was a big experience for him. He saw 10, so it was a great day. 100% rain tomorrow, so I think I'll put in a new garage door opener.

Went out this evening for about two hours. I hunted one of my spots that isn't too far off a trail that non hunters tend to use as well. Had an old lady decide to walk her dogs while I was out. Not much I could do as it is public land. I just waited until she was gone, then packed it in. I'll hit one of my private land spots tomorrow.

Just got home from Potter County. I took off work Thursday and left at 4:00 a.m. in order to get up there to hunt at daybreak. Hunted all day yesterday, saw 7, but all of them were running pretty good with no good shot.
Stayed the night at my friend's place and we hunted again all day today. Today was better weather and late morning I jumped a doe in a top about 30 yards. She trotted down across the side of the mountain and I took a crack at her.
Saw a couple more doing some slip hunting on state land but as usual they were hauling butt.
Towards evening I was driving back to the house calling it a day and saw one in a bottom where I could hunt.
Snuck down the creek bottom and shot her offhand at 52 yards.
I'll post a thread with the pics and details!

Back