• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Flintlock season December 27, 2021

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to you, I'll be in 4E Monday. Work 2 days then up to Potter county to hunt Thursday and Friday.
Hope to find a buck but have doe tags for both places too!

It wet snowed over an inch while I was pushing deer. On the last drive I took a "shot" at a string of deer at 50 yards. Click no bang. I was soaked, and so was my pan. I was hoping it was sealed, but it was mud. On the last drive the guy next to me flattened a nice sized coyote. So I had a great day.
Looks like rain and snow again tomorrow, so I am hoping the morning has a dry window.

I hit my local spot in the am and pm yesterday. Lucked out in that I beat the falling snow both times. I like hunting with the flintlock in snow. But not wet falling snow. Didn't see a thing. I've got time Thursday through Saturday this week, so not too concerned. I've seen this place be barren one day and loaded with deer the next, so it's just a matter of being there at just the right time.

Good luck to you, I'll be in 4E Monday. Work 2 days then up to Potter county to hunt Thursday and Friday.
Hope to find a buck but have doe tags for both places too!
Just a friendly reminder, you don't need a doe tag to kill one doe in Pa. flintlock season if you didn't kill a buck before now. You can shoot a buck or 1 doe with the tag. That's state wide also.

Just a friendly reminder, you don't need a doe tag to kill one doe in Pa. flintlock season if you didn't kill a buck before now. You can shoot a buck or 1 doe with the tag. That's state wide also.
Yup, I'll use my buck tag on a doe here by the house but I'm not doing that until after the first week here.
I figure it would be dumb to hunt places with only my buck tag when I have several doe tags. I'm hunting the areas I have doe tags for so I can shoot either.
Still hoping to find a buck.
We had a few buck up yesterday...
My friend shot a good one yesterday, there was 9 of us doing slow pushes... he used my trade gun and smacked a big 8 point!, heck my boss was along with us hunting and was so dang impressed he bought my trade gun today, so now I gotta order parts to build another! 😂.

PXL_20211227_165803354.jpg

Don't ask why I put a fowler side plate on that NW trade gun, I just never liked the serpent side plate.
Throwing this out there before the PC police start ripping on that gun ha

Great buck and congrats! That rifle is nice and that's why it's YOUR rifle, you can do what you want with it. I like the side plate and of course the buck! Welcome to the forum also, I see you just came aboard in October!

Great buck and congrats! That rifle is nice and that's why it's YOUR rifle, you can do what you want with it. I like the side plate and of course the buck! Welcome to the forum also, I see you just came aboard in October!
Thanks, I'm enjoying this forum, mainly the hunting stuff.

Went out this afternoon and ended up running off a trespasser. Hang on stand, x-bow and two piles of corn 15 yards from his stand. Accessed property from the highway. Property owner was made aware and came and we policed the property afterwards. Still took up a good bit of the afternoon for me.

I did see 12 deer, 11 Doe 1 Spike. Nothing within range. I'll be out again Thursday.

Don't ask why I put a fowler side plate on that NW trade gun, I just never liked the serpent side plate.
Throwing this out there before the PC police start ripping on that gun ha
That is a nice buck. I can't say a thing about the side plate, I never liked the serpent either.

I loved that season when I lived in Ohio. The funniest thing happened one time. Two fellas drove from Michigan to hunt and neither of their factory guns would fire. They never shot them at home. I found the frizzens were dead soft and could not spark. I asked how would they know if the sights were on even if they worked!!!

Back