• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pa’s Early Muzzleloader Deer Success

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The rain let up long enough and Tuesday was a good day to get out, with my trusted smoothbore. This girl came in around 6 pm, and she was down. I’ve had great success with this gun on smallgame over the years, but not on deer.
Until yesterday!
IMG_2006.jpeg

Very nice deer. She should make nice meat. I just got back from camp. Too much bear sign. Only saw a couple deer. Saw one elk /deformed antlers on one side. Both my 50+ yr. hunting buddy , and myself , have sick wives , so it was good we could get away for three days. Don't have to clean my flint longrifle . We are going back first day of Pa. buck season , I have a scheduled rematch with the largest rack buck , I've seen in 50+ yrs. of hunting. We will see who walks away from this yrs. encounter. ........oldwood

Congrats.
I had wanted to go out this year for the early season, but I am seeing so few doe on my trail cam that I don't want to remove any for the big buck out back to sniff out.
Plus I'd hate to be out and see that buck with a ML when I could have been archery hunting.

Come December I may regret this decision.

Congrats.
I had wanted to go out this year for the early season, but I am seeing so few doe on my trail cam that I don't want to remove any for the big buck out back to sniff out.
Plus I'd hate to be out and see that buck with a ML when I could have been archery hunting.

Come December I may regret this decision.
I had this guy at 10 yards on Tuesday, unfortunately I left the crossbow in the car and opted for the muzzleloader for the days hunt.

Attachments

• 37CD3CAB-70DA-4E32-A2A8-984C3939A677.jpeg
    37CD3CAB-70DA-4E32-A2A8-984C3939A677.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back