• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Owl & Robin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin - The trick is to tie a live mouse to the end of your telephoto lens like Hoyt did. (Hoyt - this could be misinterpreted, dont :) GC

Love it. The owl looks at the camera as soon as you give up on him. All is well with the world.

:applause:

Unlike Hoyt who found a photogenic owl which posed for him, my owl won't even look at the camera when I point it out :rolleyes:

Maybe it thought it was the poperazzi...

Hey, didn't your owl star in the 1981 movie Clash of the Titans?

bubo.gif

I think the problem is that I have her dinner clutched in my non-pointing hand and she only has eyes for that. Not a good idea to hold that one out because she might get over enthusistic and pounce, her talons are about 3/8" long and needle sharp :shocking:

I think Musketman's little buddy "Einstein" would make a delicious little snack for Smudge.

How often do you feed her?

SP

Once a day. Owls regurgitate a pellet, so no point in eating until the last meal has come back up. It's interesting to watch.

Curiously the stomach is right down the botton so they can eat a mouse and not have the tip of the tail poking out of their beak :thumbsup:

Lovely creature. My daughter's summer book reports were done with "Owls in the Family" by Farley Moffat and "Owl in the Shower" by Jean Craighead George. Farley Moffat's book is based on his own life experience living with owls. Read it when I were but a lad.

Just :m2c:

I think Musketman's little buddy "Einstein" would make a delicious little snack for Smudge.

SP

He'll rip that owl apart... :eek:

owl.jpg

Back