• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Owl Feathers & Parfleche's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I'd share some new crafts I've been working on for my Lodge and made a few Parfleche's. Also looking to make some nice feather drops a bit larger like for a Great Horned Owl. I haven't seen too many good painted imitations. So, I've been working on a few mixtures and getting close to what I want. Thought I'd share a get some thoughts on the look.

Attachments

• IMG_5363.jpeg
    IMG_5363.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5366.jpeg
    IMG_5366.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5359 1.jpeg
    IMG_5359 1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5415.jpeg
    IMG_5415.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Thought I'd share some new crafts I've been working on for my Lodge and made a few Parfleche's. Also looking to make some nice feather drops a bit larger like for a Great Horned Owl. I haven't seen too many good painted imitations. So, I've been working on a few mixtures and getting close to what I want. Thought I'd share a get some thoughts on the look.
Looks great!

Personally, I wouldn't be posting about using any kind of raptor feathers on a public forum. The use and possession of any part of a bird of prey is federally prohibited even if dropped.
This!!!

Personally, I wouldn't be posting about using any kind of raptor feathers on a public forum. The use and possession of any part of a bird of prey is federally prohibited even if dropped.my
Personally, I wouldn't be posting about using any kind of raptor feathers on a public forum. The use and possession of any part of a bird of prey is federally prohibited even if dropped.
Andy52, my point was I made these owl feathers myself from white turkey feathers and died them. They’re not real. I guess I passed if you thought they were real. I was saying I couldn’t find good looking “fake” owl feathers so I decide to make my own

Andy52, my point was I made these owl feathers myself from white turkey feathers and died them. They’re not real. I guess I passed if you thought they were real. I was saying I couldn’t find good looking “fake” owl feathers so I decide to make my own
Nice job on the feathers, I just didn't want you to get your butt in the ringer for using or posting the real deal.

Nice job on the owl/hawk feathers, we have Bald eagles here but haven't seen a dropped flight feather for comparison. Owl and hawk feathers I see pretty often.

Excellent workmanship, and pretty ingenious to make owl feather dupes from turkey feathers. I believe only Native Americans are allowed to possess the real thing. May I ask what you are using for your paint pigments? They look very authentic.

Latest posts

Back