• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Out of my "comfort zone."

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi guys:
Here's a knife I just finished yesterday morning for a member/customer here. This one took some time! :thumb:
I don't normally make knives this big, OR make this type of sheath, but this is what the customer asked for. Not sure I'll ever try making another one of these? :dunno::eek:

I'm sorry my photos. aren't fancier. The customer is into Cowboy action shooting (I think) or something along those lines. He wanted a Bowie to add to his gun belt rig that looked the correct era. He said it as OK to share the photos, so here ya' go.
It's got a 1095 blade with a mild steel guard, and Curly Maple handle scales. The overall length is just South of 12" About 11-7/8? The blade has a false edge along the clip point. The blsde is 7-3/4" long, 1-3/4" wide and 3/16" thick. The sheath is made of 5 layers of 6-7 oz. vegetable tanned tooling hide, and dyed Dark Brown. The entire rig weighes 14.6 ozs.
I'm hoping to get it boxed and shipped very soon? He saw the photos. and he's happy, that's my primary concern. See what y'all think? Thanks.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 001.JPG
    Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 001.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 002.JPG
    Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 002.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 003.JPG
    Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 003.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 004.JPG
    Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 004.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 005.JPG
    Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 005.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 006.JPG
    Rudy's Bowie done 3-9-2022 006.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Bowie- pretty much finished 2-15-2022 001.JPG
    Bowie- pretty much finished 2-15-2022 001.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 140
  • Bowie- pretty much finished 2-15-2022 002.JPG
    Bowie- pretty much finished 2-15-2022 002.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Bowie- pretty much finished 2-15-2022 003.JPG
    Bowie- pretty much finished 2-15-2022 003.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Bowie- pretty much finished 2-15-2022 004.JPG
    Bowie- pretty much finished 2-15-2022 004.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 107
Hi guys:
Here's a knife I just finished yesterday morning for a member/customer here. This one took some time! :thumb:
I don't normally make knives this big, OR make this type of sheath, but this is what the customer asked for. Not sure I'll ever try making another one of these? :dunno::eek:

I'm sorry my photos. aren't fancier. The customer is into Cowboy action shooting (I think) or something along those lines. He wanted a Bowie to add to his gun belt rig that looked the correct era. He said it as OK to share the photos, so here ya' go.
It's got a 1095 blade with a mild steel guard, and Curly Maple handle scales. The overall length is just South of 12" About 11-7/8? The blade has a false edge along the clip point. The blsde is 7-3/4" long, 1-3/4" wide and 3/16" thick. The sheath is made of 5 layers of 6-7 oz. vegetable tanned tooling hide, and dyed Dark Brown. The entire rig weighes 14.6 ozs.
I'm hoping to get it boxed and shipped very soon? He saw the photos. and he's happy, that's my primary concern. See what y'all think? Thanks.
God bless:
Two Feathers
That's a bigun

Could be me but the knife up to your usal standards I would be proud to own it.
Your comfort zone should grow!

Went back and looked and yes fuzzy or need more reselution but thats me being picky.
Thank you, I kinda' figured you were bustin' on me? Maybe I need my tripod? The old nerves ain't as steady as they used to be. I figure bein' hitched fer 53 years contributed to that? :dunno: :thumb: ;)
God bless:
Two Feathers

Not exactly my style, but love the craftsmanship. When commissioned by someone to build something and they are happy with what you produce, great job. Especially if outside of your normal comfort zone, as it is a more difficult challenge requiring extra effort. Good job.

Not exactly my style, but love the craftsmanship. When commissioned by someone to build something and they are happy with what you produce, great job. Especially if outside of your normal comfort zone, as it is a more difficult challenge requiring extra effort. Good job.
SDSmlf:
Thank you very much for your time and kind words. This is a fairly old post, and I'm surprised how much attention it's suddenly getting?? The knife got to it's owner a few weeks ago. He's happy with it. I'm sure it could have been better? :dunno: But I've been a perfectionist all my life and I'm my own biggest let-down. :thumb:
Thank you again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

You're right: DST is messing with folks. It's kickin' my butt, I still can't sleep right.
My tendency is to ALWAYS overthink things! That's what the star's PR people always say too, "ANY publicity is good publicity!" Especially the positive kind.
Thanks for the "boost."
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back