• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Original 1858 Remington NMA For sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic shooter

Decades of bringing worthy orig. ML back to life
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Selling my original 1858 Remington NMA, it was mfg. in 1864 . This very Solid Historical Revolver is Range Ready..
The original Remingtons produce excellent accuracy due to their solid frames & their progressive twist rifling . The almost zero twist at the breech prevents stripping & allows the ball or slug to seat & stabilize before entering the faster twist of the rifling. These revolvers perform best with .457 dia. balls/projectiles same as the Ruger old Army.
HARD TO DESCRIBE THE EXTRA ENJOYMENT OBTAINED WHEN HUNTING & COMPETING WITH SEASONED ORIGIONAL FIREARMS !

Doing my best to provide an honest & very detailed description on the condition of this historical revolver;
The action is smooth & tight as new & the chambers index perfectly with the bore. Photo shows the bore is bright with just minor frosting. The grips are in great shape & with faded inspectors stamp mark showing. The E. Remington barrel stamp was stamped very light but most is readable with clear military inspector markings on rest of the revolver.
This revolver retains about 40% of it's original bluing with the rest in a smooth faded blue-brown patina. There are numerous nicks & dings on this Civil War revolver indicating it saw service but the action remains tight as new & the excellent bore showing it was well cared for. Front of trigger guard shows what appears to be a very well done repair as it's barely visible.
As photos show the exterior surface of the cylinder is pitted likely due to being carried in a damp holster but the chambers are in excellent condition & has new steel nipples.
I'm 79 & selling due to age & physical restrictions so sorry I'm not interested in any trades. Offering on this forum for $1,850 & prefer US Postal M.O. & will ship by USPO Priority mail & insured.
If not sold on this forum it will go to Gun Brokers. If you check internet you will see that Civil War vintage 58 Remingtons in this condition that are in excellent shooting condition are selling for much more.

IMG_1489.jpg
IMG_1453.jpg
IMG_1488.jpg
IMG_1468.jpg
IMG_1469.jpg
IMG_1473 (1).jpg
IMG_1471.jpg
IMG_1446.jpg

Back