• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opinions on Carbine size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo of that full size version of what I have?
Thank you, I own a T/C flintlock Pennsylvania Hunter in 50 caliber with a 1/66 twist. I was unaware they made a carbine. I will need to keep my eyes open for one of the carbines.

simply gorgeous rifle! I have a "deerstalker" marketed by Cabelas back in the day and also sold by lyman, investarms. mine even has a rubber buttpad, but the rest is all hawken, but it has all blacked steel hardware instead of brass. Another oddity is the checkering but it is a beautiful little rifle. I sold one to a buddy decades ago and he refused to ever sell it back to me, says it is the most accurate BP rifle he has ever owned. I believe we both have always used prb.

Ya I need to get out and shoot it
It’s small and will kick a tad- guess that rubber butt pad is good for that. I was anti fiber optics, yet it’s a hunting rifle- early morning or late day in the woods gets dark quickly. My renegade has normal original sights, so I’ll keep these as is. No checkering yet the trigger could benefit a little attention

Recently aquired a carbine .50 Much like a white mountain. I was wanting to know what some think of such a short tube for powder burning. I’m sure the pros of a short barrel are great for a smaller stature shooter to use- or maneuvering thru thicker brush/woods. I hunt short range areas (50-60yards) and tend to keep shots limited to less than 70yards in general for woods hunting. Occasionally I’ll hunt a few field edges/ got some long ranger GM barrel rifles for that use.
If you don’t like carbines- please skip past this thread- I’m looking for information on powder charges in these Short barrel rifles. What charges do you use. Thank you

Smoke em if ya got em- Af58XView attachment 128994
I once had a T/C White Mountain Carbine. I usually used a patched, round ball with 75 grains of FF GOEX or Pyrodex RS. I went as high as 100 grains of powder, but 75 gave better accuracy.

I like 75 grains of 2F Goex

I use that for a few rifles- works well for me.

Ill probably get to that in my Carbine

Back