• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ontario

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just moved back to Nepean after being away for 40 years. I've only been shooting BP for about 3 years.
I have two .50 cal Hawken style rifles...a JBMR (cap) and a T/C (flint), also a .36 pietta revolver bought in June but still awaiting delivery due to gouv paper work.

Welcome home neighbor.. your the first I’ve heard of shooting traditional BP around here I’m sure there are more of us just laying,low 🙂

I have a newly acquired Pedersoli SxS shotgun as my first smoothbore and I’m hooked.. just filled my doe tag using it and I’m already thinking spring turkey!

It would be nice to get a group together for a Ottawa area shoot?

Cheers

Just moved back to Nepean after being away for 40 years. I've only been shooting BP for about 3 years.
I have two .50 cal Hawken style rifles...a JBMR (cap) and a T/C (flint), also a .36 pietta revolver bought in June but still awaiting delivery due to gouv paper work.

I'll be joining the Stittsville Shooting club as soon as I find time to go for my handgun safety course...within a week or two. If you want, we could meet up sometime in Stittsville and make some smoke.

My understanding of the Stitsville range is that they are not even taking applications.
I’m in Perth and the closest range is smiths falls where the waiting list is supposed to be over 500 so I shoot on the family property for now, we will sell next summer and,I’ll be looking for a new playground.
QUOTE="BigD63, post: 2189226, member: 55520"]
I'll be joining the Stittsville Shooting club as soon as I find time to go for my handgun safety course...within a week or two. If you want, we could meet up sometime in Stittsville and make some smoke.
[/QUOTE]

You are partly correct regarding Stittsville's membership...they are not accepting on-line memberships. In person or by phone (good luck reaching them by phone) they are accepting new shooters. If you want to shoot handguns, you will have to complete a safety course prior to joining the club. Shooting on 'family property' is always great...better choice of targets!

Latest posts

Back