• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

omlette

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pathfinderifh

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Our group usually sets up early for an event and we take turns cooking for the group,that way you only have to cook once. Last weekend one member of our group,Dan and Sandy, made omlettes for breakfast,and I thought, what a mess that's going to be! Boy was I wrong! Here's how they did it:
chopp all ingredients for an omlette, onions,green pepper,meats,cheese,ect.
Place chosen ingredients in a quart size zip-lock freezer bag,break 2 eggs into bag, squeese out air, knead to mix, place into a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes and their done. No muss No fuss.
Again, this is before the event starts and we have to be proper.Enjoy

Great idea and for convenience I would say it
would be great and I will try it. However to
me you just can't beat an omlette fried up in
bacon grease in a cast iron skillet, but then I
cook for two not a crowd.
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

I learned the trick with the plastic bags about 5 years ago when I went through Scoutmaster training with the Boy Scouts. It works great, and I don't even like eggs much. :thumbsup:

The neat thing is, when the eggs are done, look in the bottom of the pan. Small pieces of plastic have boiled away and are floating in the water. I used to use plastic bags for cooking alot. I even used the water for making tea. After I found out about the plastic, I now use boiling/baking bags. They were made to be used at oven temperatures and don't seem to have the same problems.
I've even used the boiling bags to make biscuits. Simply throw a biscuit or two into the bag. Let the heat from the boiling water cause the bag to inflate. Vent off some when it gets too large. I usually try to contain the bubble inside a pot with the lid on. Let it cook for 20 min or so and you have a buiscuit. If you let it go longer, i've even seen the buscuit brown.
Brownies and cake work too as long as you go small.

Regards

Back