• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Mac & Cheese

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society had an annual lobster dinner. Lobsters were served with mac and cheese and stewed tomatoes. It was a very good fund raiser.
New Englander here. Lobster and mac and cheese is a wonderful combo. You cant find a seafood restaurant here in the summer that doesnt have lobster mac. I like it as a side to steamed lobster.

May the Grand Creator forgive me but I do love Kraft M&C from a box. 😞
I married an instant family. A eight year old boy and fourteen year old girl. I did the cooking as my wife hates to cook. Early on I made Mac and cheese. Baked, onion, mushrooms, ham, bread crumbs.
Kids were excited that they were having Mac and cheese till I served it.
The only Mac and cheese they ever had was Kraft.
Wife and I have now been married thirty five years, but I secretly believe she still prefers blue box over real food😂

Have three grown grand daughters with their own children. When the family assembles here we cook real food. Roasts of beef, chicken or pork. Shrimp. Raab. Spinach. Lord knows what all. Roasted potatoes. Lots of little kids and their parents going "Eeeewwww what is that?"
Lord only knows what they eat at home.
Got a hunch it would not excite my appetite.

Put the food in a box or wrap it in a paper wrap and bring it in a sack and they might eat it. Most of my older.(teens) grandkids are the same. They don’t care for mashed potatoes and gravy, just French fries. It’s UnAMercian! 🤪

New Englander here. Lobster and mac and cheese is a wonderful combo. You cant find a seafood restaurant here in the summer that doesnt have lobster mac. I like it as a side to steamed lobster.

Made lobster Mac in the instapot just last week! Used the medium shells and ton of cheese. Surprisingly thrifty since the recipe makes about 6 adult-sized servings with a pound box of pasta.

Non to traditional and probably send shivers down many a back to read the ingredients in tha major part but here goes
Lightly cook bacon and onion till done but not crisp
Mix in cooked pasta of choice, I like shells for this
Then cover with Lays nacho cheese dip
Bake with sliced tomatoes on top 350 thirty minutes

Put the food in a box or wrap it in a paper wrap and bring it in a sack and they might eat it. Most of my older.(teens) grandkids are the same. They don’t care for mashed potatoes and gravy, just French fries. It’s UnAMercian! 🤪
Forget mashed potatoes, have them creamed. Mash the potatoes with a fork. Add a good dollop of butter and when mixed add a handful of grated Cheddar cheese and mustard to taste. Mix well with the fork and serve. Low calorie too.

Back