• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rendezvous hash

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohio ramrod

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Since the majority of the rendezvous I attend are week end events and we tend to pack up Sunday afternoon. I find it helpful to cook up a large breakfast / lunch so that the brazier will be cool for packing by noon. Recipe : last of your bacon, last of any other meat, last of you eggs,last of your cheese, and last of your potatoes. Fry the bacon and meat add potatoes when the potatoes are cooked , add the eggs and last the cheese when the eggs are cooked. Stir as needed to mix well.

Crumble a biscuit in It, if you have one. We do petty much the same thing the last morning of camp have had some really good breakfast's, brunch meals.

My sons Boy Scout Troop would make a version of this, but they called it Shipwreck. They would cook 4 pounds of sausage then add 2 bags of hashbrowns and cook until almost done. Then they would add 2 dozen eggs and cook until done and add shredded cheese after dished onto a plate because some kids didn't like the cheese. I cut the recipe in half and use potatoes O'brien instead of hashbrowns when I go camping.

I come from a culture that doesn't eat a lot of biscuits. I am familiar with baking powder biscuits, scones and bannock. What type of biscuits would you eat with the hash?

My sons Boy Scout Troop would make a version of this, but they called it Shipwreck. They would cook 4 pounds of sausage then add 2 bags of hashbrowns and cook until almost done. Then they would add 2 dozen eggs and cook until done and add shredded cheese after dished onto a plate because some kids didn't like the cheese. I cut the recipe in half and use potatoes O'brien instead of hashbrowns when I go camping.

Dang, how big was their skillet? And, who does not like cheese?

Back