• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

oldarmys flint lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewho66

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well since I could shoot today after putting a few rounds down range with the caywood wilson I finaly shot the pistol I got from oldarmy. I could only get 5 shots off before a big storm rolled in so it wasnt much of a testing. I was using a.440 round ball with 35 grains of powder and a 15 thousands patch. It s was shooting high and to the left at 15yards. pretty close together I need to play around with the load then adjust the sights to get them to shoot for me. Also the next time I will bring a chair and shoot from the bench not off hand like I was to minimze the human factor in it. If it still shoots like that I will file down the back notch and drift the back sight as needed. For those that want to know its a .45 cal since I didnt say that at the begining.

Ah, so ya shot the twin today huh? Cool! I havent had a chance to shoot mine yet. I'm waiting till he finishes a couple more he's making for me. Then I'm gonna buy a tin of powder and go nuts. Glad you had fun for awhile anyway.

John.
File down the rear sight for the elevation.
The front one is a high as it can be.
If the pistol continues to shoot to the left.
Send it back to me and I will tweak the front sight.
I test fired it on a stand and it was high, but right above the bullseye.
Glad you finally got to shoot it.
I am lucky having a range 5 miles from where I live.
Regards
Mike

I will only after I get the chnce to put more than 5 rounds though it I had to rap up the shooting due to a front rolling in. And I will be taking a file with me to get the elavation right. And thanks Im hoping it was just me so I wont have to send It back.

John

LOL :haha:
I wonder how many modern day shooters with their high-powered optics and computerized range finders would react in sheer horror to that statement. "I'll be taking a file with me to get the elevation right". :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :youcrazy: :youcrazy:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yeah, the laser dot sight crowd would not know how to react! A file to adjust your sight???!!!

Half would be utterly befuddled and the other half would develop an instantaneous case of volatile diahrea.
:rotf:

Back