• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NRA "Voting"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Received my latest NRA American Rifleman, and immediately tore up the "voting package" in it. I used to vote and read the bios, but all of those idiots sat by all those decades and watched Wayne-O destroy the NRA, raping it's finances and livin' large on the small donations of everyday shooters. The 'farewell' page Wayne had in there mentioned nothing of the "troubles", and I'm thrilled that he was found guilty of scamming. The whole outfit needs to be completely re-organized, and maybe this is an opportunity for the 2nd Amend. Foundation and GOA to rise up in importance. Good riddance, Wayne! We need another 1976 moment. That said, I'm retaining my life membership and hope things improve.

I've been a life member for about 20 years now if I could guess. I bought my son a Jr. Life that turned in the adult Life when he turned 18. When I get the ballot unless there is someone I recognize and know their track record it is very difficult for me to know whom I should be voting for based on a few sentences. Anyone have more info on where to dig this info up easily enough? In truth I have really used them at all other than financial support with my life membership. In hearing what has been going on I think it's good the boat is being rocked. I do hope they get some folks in there who are really committed and aggressive in not only fighting unjust gun/hunting laws but lobbying politicians. I would like them to be a lot more active locally. I think there are many of us that would spend time volunteering to help the organization and bring in new shooters and hunters.

The ONLY reason the state of New York is involved is wanting to try to send a message to other pro gun groups that “ you are next”. They will do anything to remove the 2nd amendment, or water it down.
NY is the only State that can do such as the NRA was chartered in NY in 1871.
Anti-gun attempt, most likely - but, the NRA BOD let Wayne L. do such, for years.

Last edited:
Received my latest NRA American Rifleman, and immediately tore up the "voting package" in it. I used to vote and read the bios, but all of those idiots sat by all those decades and watched Wayne-O destroy the NRA, raping it's finances and livin' large on the small donations of everyday shooters. The 'farewell' page Wayne had in there mentioned nothing of the "troubles", and I'm thrilled that he was found guilty of scamming. The whole outfit needs to be completely re-organized, and maybe this is an opportunity for the 2nd Amend. Foundation and GOA to rise up in importance. Good riddance, Wayne! We need another 1976 moment. That said, I'm retaining my life membership and hope things improve.
Would have been better off writing no confidence in big block letters across it. And send it in. If a Majority of the Members did it they would get the Message.

immediately tore up the "voting package" in it.

and hope things improve.
Cannot have both.
You have to have a start somewhere.
Darn sure don't have that type of negativity from the gun grabbers.
They just keep going just like the Energizer Bunny.

2024-NRA-Board-Election-Reform-Candidates-Whos-Who-768x422.jpg

It seems like I'm agreeing with both sides here. I agree with just ignoring the "special offers of shoddy merchandise" and some of their other fund raising tactics. It does seem like they always got their hand out. But I also agree on the voting thing. Voting doesn't cost you anything but a little time. I can afford that as long as "little" is included. They may not be doing the best job in the world but the "liberal left" is scared of them, and thats okay with me. One of my biggest complaints is the fine print in the magazines.Whoever puts out that rag must have 20 20 vision and assumes everyone does too.

It seems like I'm agreeing with both sides here. I agree with just ignoring the "special offers of shoddy merchandise" and some of their other fund raising tactics. It does seem like they always got their hand out. But I also agree on the voting thing. Voting doesn't cost you anything but a little time. I can afford that as long as "little" is included. They may not be doing the best job in the world but the "liberal left" is scared of them, and thats okay with me. One of my biggest complaints is the fine print in the magazines.Whoever puts out that rag must have 20 20 vision and assumes everyone does too.
I often have that complaint about type size when I pick up something to read. But the problem is more likely 76 year old eyes than it is typeface. There is a little magnifying glass that is always in my pocket along with my knife and wallet.

I often have that complaint about type size when I pick up something to read. But the problem is more likely 76 year old eyes than it is typeface. There is a little magnifying glass that is always in my pocket along with my knife and wallet.
Oh there is no doubt it's my eyes, but what I'm saying is the magazine isn't doing much to accommodate its "older" members.I'm almost positive alot of its membership is made up of "Senior Citizens".

Oh there is no doubt it's my eyes, but what I'm saying is the magazine isn't doing much to accommodate its "older" members.I'm almost positive alot of its membership is made up of "Senior Citizens".
They know it is the older members that contribute the most , butmore than 30 years ago technology enabled primting with small type to save ink and paper more cheaply. even though It has been well known for decades that the population is ageing an what the results are. I am in my late 80s and have needed to use a magnifier for many years even though I have no problem with the DMV vision test.
as with most things , follow the money.

When did you last see something that made good sense for the common good of all implemented. Never and money for greed not you.

Blitz

I’m a life member and will be voting. How does tearing up your ballot do anything to fix the problem?
Get out there and vote the crooks out and new blood in.
I read the bios. and it is just the same old people back for another 3 years. The nominating committee will never allow anyone but the faithful to run for election. They need a clean sweep.

Back