• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"NOTHER HORN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soggy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Seems I'm spending more time in the warm basement than I used to. Just put the finishing touches on this one this morning. The horn measures 9" along the outside curve and is just slightly over 2" in diameter at the butt. Stopper is pine and the butt is local maple with a bit of curl, both are stained with Min-Wax red mahogany stain.This horn hold approx. 1900 grs. so should make a good hunting horn.
Next step will be to weave a strap. That should happen over the next few days(Weather man says a big Nor-Easter comming brrrrrrr....)
jan18002.jpg

jan18004.jpg

jan18009.jpg

Thats some nice scratchin's!
so, is the strap going to be Inkle or Card woven?

damn nice job Soggy :thumbsup:

Very neat work soggy, really like the scrim too. Ain't it funny how ma nature dictates our plans. My old bones prefer the warmth of the basement to the outside temps also. I only venture out when it calls for it, work, firewood, ect.AAhhh I remembered thats what youngens are for , they don't mind the cold as much!!!

:applause: Another Great Job Soggy! :thumbsup: neat eagle!!! (still,like my horn better! :blah: :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the nice comments fellars.....................keep that up and I won't have a button left on my shirt and my hat won't fit for sure.
Brett sr........The strap will be done on an Inkle loom. I admire anyone who can do the card weaving thing. I tried that before I built my inkle loom; and just couldn't seem to get the hang of it.

Nice work Soggy. You have to show us another picture of the finished horn with the strap attached. ( looks like that new canera is working just fine, eh? :thumbsup:)

I think Soggy should change his Screen name to "scratchy"!Nice one Suggy,what's that design on the opposite side from the eagle?Never seen you do that one before,must be a new one?

Silver Fox said:
Nice work Soggy. You have to show us another picture of the finished horn with the strap attached. ( looks like that new canera is working just fine, eh? :thumbsup:)

You make them horns with a camera? :rotf: :wink:

Halftail said:
I think Soggy should change his Screen name to "scratchy"!Nice one Suggy,what's that design on the opposite side from the eagle?Never seen you do that one before,must be a new one?
That's just some sort of leaves & flowers, that I found in Sibleys book. Makes the horn kinda "Girlie" in my opinion..............Guess I'll have to weave the strap a nice pink colour :rotf: :rotf:

"Girlie Horn" Made especially for the "Brokeback Mountainman".... :rotf: :rotf: :shake:
Maybe the Stews might like it since he saw the movie...... :barf: :shake:

Halftail said:
"Girlie Horn" Made especially for the "Brokeback Mountainman".... :rotf: :rotf: :shake:
:hmm: well yes......I supose; but I really made it in hopes that I'd get back on the good side of a certain sweety from up the Black Rock Rd. :rotf:

soggy said:
Halftail said:
:hmm: well yes......I supose; but I really made it in hopes that I'd get back on the good side of a certain sweety from up the Black Rock Rd. :rotf:

Oh,
I figured after the "Outhouse" Incident you was already in good favor. :blah:

Halftail said:
soggy said:
Halftail said:

Oh,
I figured after the "Outhouse" Incident you was already in good favor. :blah:
appears there be a story be needin tellin.heh?

Back