• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD One day hunt powder horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Here’s a new item from Two Feathers.

It’s a one day hunt powder horn. Price is $50.00 + $8.00 s&h This horn will hold enough powder to get you through a day’s hunting without issue. I believe it will hold about ½ pound, give er take? If it takes more than that, you probably shouldn’t be in the woods with a gun.:dunno:

The horn measures 8-3/4” around the curve from tip to plug or 6-3/4” across the curve? It has an Oak cap (plug) with my non-sparking 3/8-16 threaded Brass rod and turned Maple acorn finial for easy filling. Unscrew the acorn, get a small funnel, and pour your powder into the horn. No more wasted (expensive) Black Powder all over your table or floor!! The Maple acorn is pinned to the Brass threaded rod for security. The cap (plug) is hand fitted to the horn for a nearly perfect fit. It's held on with 7 Copper nails for that Historic, aged “look”. The horn/cap is then sealed with my mixture of Bees wax and Paraffin wax. This horn cap is 100% sealed without GLUE!!! This IS NOT a Black Powder Bomb like so many of the import horns that have their plugs glued in.

The horn is colored with my mixture of dyes for an aged historic appearance.

The horn has a5/8” wide punched leather strap with Conway buckle. It’s easily adjustable to fit over your Capote’ in the cold, or over your hunting shirt once the weather warms. It has a hand carved Curly Maple pour spout plug in the shape of a Heart. I’m NOT an artist, so the heart looks rustic, not machine made. The leather strap is held on at the cap end by an Iron staple. The strap is then folded and riveted with 2 Antique Brass rivets. On the pour spout end, the strap is fitted with an Antique Brass eyelet and a soft Buckskin thong is pushed through the eyelet and tied around the horn in a carved groove. The Maple pour spout plug is tied to the main strap with another piece of the same Buckskin thong to prevent loss.

The Two Feathers signature will be burned into the strap before it gets shipped.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the lower 48 states. Shipping out of country is costly. Please PM me for OTUS prices.

I prefer PayPal friends and family, but take postal money orders and checks. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. Checks will add 2 weeks for travel time and bank clearance. I ship same day as funds are received, exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.
If you have any comments, questions, or requests, please feel free to PM me here. I can also be reached at [email protected]

As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail (739).jpg
    thumbnail (739).jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 44
  • thumbnail (740).jpg
    thumbnail (740).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 46
  • thumbnail (741).jpg
    thumbnail (741).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 50
  • thumbnail (742).jpg
    thumbnail (742).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 48
Here’s a new item from Two Feathers.

It’s a one day hunt powder horn. Price is $50.00 + $8.00 s&h This horn will hold enough powder to get you through a day’s hunting without issue. I believe it will hold about ½ pound, give er take? If it takes more than that, you probably shouldn’t be in the woods with a gun.:dunno:

The horn measures 8-3/4” around the curve from tip to plug or 6-3/4” across the curve? It has an Oak cap (plug) with my non-sparking 3/8-16 threaded Brass rod and turned Maple acorn finial for easy filling. Unscrew the acorn, get a small funnel, and pour your powder into the horn. No more wasted (expensive) Black Powder all over your table or floor!! The Maple acorn is pinned to the Brass threaded rod for security. The cap (plug) is hand fitted to the horn for a nearly perfect fit. It's held on with 7 Copper nails for that Historic, aged “look”. The horn/cap is then sealed with my mixture of Bees wax and Paraffin wax. This horn cap is 100% sealed without GLUE!!! This IS NOT a Black Powder Bomb like so many of the import horns that have their plugs glued in.

The horn is colored with my mixture of dyes for an aged historic appearance.

The horn has a5/8” wide punched leather strap with Conway buckle. It’s easily adjustable to fit over your Capote’ in the cold, or over your hunting shirt once the weather warms. It has a hand carved Curly Maple pour spout plug in the shape of a Heart. I’m NOT an artist, so the heart looks rustic, not machine made. The leather strap is held on at the cap end by an Iron staple. The strap is then folded and riveted with 2 Antique Brass rivets. On the pour spout end, the strap is fitted with an Antique Brass eyelet and a soft Buckskin thong is pushed through the eyelet and tied around the horn in a carved groove. The Maple pour spout plug is tied to the main strap with another piece of the same Buckskin thong to prevent loss.

The Two Feathers signature will be burned into the strap before it gets shipped.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the lower 48 states. Shipping out of country is costly. Please PM me for OTUS prices.

I prefer PayPal friends and family, but take postal money orders and checks. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. Checks will add 2 weeks for travel time and bank clearance. I ship same day as funds are received, exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.
If you have any comments, questions, or requests, please feel free to PM me here. I can also be reached at [email protected]

As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers
I’ll buy it my friend. PM sent

Respectfully, Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back