• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Not criticizing, but

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logcutter

40 Cal
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this forum. And I'm aware that I am to new to be criticizing. But this is not a critic. It's just something I wanted to point out. In the short time I have been here I have read some great posts about hunting, rondy's, shoots, and a lot of other interesting stuff. Can't log on without learning something. But all to often I look to see where the poster is located and its not listed on the info at the upper left corner of the post. Why don't guys put their state, or their country, in their profile info? Some do I know, but a lot don't. I just read a post where the writer was describing the the muzzle loader hunting where he is. But where the heck is he? Just add's to it and makes it even more interesting to me to know where the writer is.

Providing a location is optional. The forum respects folks rights not to divulge their location.

I agree it is helpful. Has also introduced me to some local folks for a get-together shoot or hunt. I certainly encourage it.

Some are very worried about their privacy. I figure my name is in the phone book and my house is on Google so it doesn't hurt to admit where I live. It would be very nice if people would at least give a general location if not their actual town. Stumpkiller's "Upstate New York" is a good example.

Knowing where others on here live or close to where they live has resulted in making some great new (old) friends in my age bracket and sharing my interests. I have been shooting with several of those folks now. It helps bring the community together. I do understand about privacy too, and in these times with all the nut jobs out there, just cause to be cautious does exist.

I'm really enjoying this forum. And I'm aware that I am to new to be criticizing. But this is not a critic. It's just something I wanted to point out. In the short time I have been here I have read some great posts about hunting, rondy's, shoots, and a lot of other interesting stuff. Can't log on without learning something. But all to often I look to see where the poster is located and its not listed on the info at the upper left corner of the post. Why don't guys put their state, or their country, in their profile info? Some do I know, but a lot don't. I just read a post where the writer was describing the the muzzle loader hunting where he is. But where the heck is he? Just add's to it and makes it even more interesting to me to know where the writer is.
I agree, the particular environment can make a big difference sometimes & can help people to understand the post better. Just the area & state on one's profile would be helpful.
Keith.

Thank you for your post. I agree with you that it's helpful sometimes to know a poster's general location.
And, it made me aware that mine is no longer showing. Seems some info and settings I had changed with the new updates.

Log Cutter,
You didn\t say where you are from. By research I learned you are fun NW Pa.Most won't go to that effort. But I agree. Wisdom from an Alaskan might make more sense if you knew where he ws located.

Dutch Schoultz

Back