• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nock Volley Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit ? Tell me more
The Rifle Shoppe sells a 'kit' for ~$2,000 if in stock. Note they also do not build their locks anymore, or do any work to the NVG barrels ... so please realize their kits are NOT like building a kit from a Chamber blank/kit.

The stocks are wicked rough cut and may contribute to build issues to those unaware of nuances in that particular build. All the parts are rough cast; none are sized, shaped, polished nor hardened. The spring will be a hunk of cast metal. Let's just say their 'kits' are not for the inexperienced to even medium-experienced builders. To date I've also had 3 builders turn me down in even just helping with some paerts of my NVG kit build.

But most of all ... DO NOT place an order unless one unequivocally confirms that the parts are definitely IN stock. But even with that said, I once ordered a kit that they had confirmed was completely in stock and yet it arrived with some key parts missing, that took another 8-months to get ... where some wait years ...

Whereas they close up shop on Fridays to ship out orders, my best bet is the parts for "my kit" might have shown in stock in the computer when I placed it. However, they weren't reserved "for me" and on Friday, someone else's order - filled before mine - got filled with that same parts that I needed.

Pretty good articles, less the bore size (36??) in one of them, as were all over, usually 40-50 cal.

Attachments

• Nock Volley Gun - 2nd Model British Royal Navy.pdf
    794.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Nock Volley Gun - NRA.pdf
    201.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Nock Volley Gun – The Armourers Bench.pdf
    678.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Nock Volley Gun by Garry James.pdf
    130.5 KB · Views: 0
I saw parts for one when I visited TRS a while back.
Maybe as the cavalry had lighter charges for their carbines, so to would the Nock. 14 lbs is about the weight of a .577 NE Double, but I can't imagine shouldering it and having it double. That's 1500 grains @ 2000 fps.
The Nock would expell 1190 grains, hopefully at 1500 fps, somewhat more manageable.
When you think about it you're touching off half again as much as a 10 bore heavy goose load, sounds like sooooo much fun 😀.

I was talking to Jess about these some months back. He said the powder charges were rather low, about 40-50 grains each to keep recoil more manageable.

Just finished up this Rifle Shoppe Nock Volley Gun kit for a friend. Not something you see everyday. Has seven 20" 50 cal smoothbore barrels that fire at the same time. Weighs in at 14 lbs. 3 oz.
IMG_0811a.JPG
20220420_103525a.jpg
View attachment 135623View attachment 135624
Sure looks gorgeous !!

Back