No more unmentionables for Pietta 1860

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

springfield art

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The improved performance cylinder for the Pietta 1860 Army is dis-contitued. Just as I was looking for one.

springfield art

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Try Taylors firearms in Winchester Va.
Nope. Tried them, that's where I see they're Discontinued. I e-mailed them hoping they could use their clout to have a run made, even at a premium, but I don't have much hope. No luck on e-bay, either. All dealers for that item are out.

appalichian hunter

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Showed them on their site, sorry about that, good luck in your search. These are trying times and only going too get worse I guess.

Gun Tramp

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
"The Muzzleloading and Self-Contained Metallic Cartridge Forum."

Musketeer

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Unmentionable = modern gun/ammo. "Improved performance" cylinder lets one make their cap 'n ball revolver into an unmentionable. 🤐😄

Dude

40 Cal
Reaction score
Yup, knew what unmentionable means - kinda figured that's what Improved Performance meant. Thanks.

$220 seems like an excellent deal for that. Probably the next thing needing a background check.

Joemolf

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Once you use the conversion cylinder you will probably never go back to BP and Ball so long as you can get and reload your 45LC.

Joemolf

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
They work great especially with BP no copper jackets

Gun Tramp

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Once you use the conversion cylinder you will probably never go back to BP and Ball so long as you can get and reload your 45LC.
"The Unmentionable Self Contained Metallic Cartridge Forum."

Wolfman0125

40 Cal
Reaction score
I think that the reason for that may be political pressure due to the fact that a felon could have a BP shipped to his door and buy a cylinder to convert it to an undocumented unmentionable with no paper trail. However, he’d have a pretty hard time finding ammo, or getting reloading supplies in today’s market. Plus it would hardly be the weapon of choice, but I think that is one loophole that they are trying to close.

Griz44Mag

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand that statement. It just isn't true - if that's the way you truly think, then why are you here?
There are revolvers (and other guns) available that are chambered for 44LC - I have 2, one a rifle and one a pistol.
The hassle of loading a conversion chambered gun is just that - a hassle.
I have cap and ball guns to shoot cap and ball, I have flintlocks to shoot flintlocks and will always "go back" (and forth) to cap and ball, flintlock or modern revolver - without the hassle.

vintovka

MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Unmentionable cylinders use ammo that may be now either financially out of sight, flat made of unobtanium or both. Also most come with instructions limiting them to using "cowboy" loads only.

Status
Not open for further replies.