• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

No more unmentionables for Pietta 1860

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Showed them on their site, sorry about that, good luck in your search. These are trying times and only going too get worse I guess.

Ok - what's an "improved performance" cylinder? Unmentionable?

Unmentionable = modern gun/ammo. "Improved performance" cylinder lets one make their cap 'n ball revolver into an unmentionable. 🤐😄

Yup, knew what unmentionable means - kinda figured that's what Improved Performance meant. Thanks.

$220 seems like an excellent deal for that. Probably the next thing needing a background check.

I think that the reason for that may be political pressure due to the fact that a felon could have a BP shipped to his door and buy a cylinder to convert it to an undocumented unmentionable with no paper trail. However, he’d have a pretty hard time finding ammo, or getting reloading supplies in today’s market. Plus it would hardly be the weapon of choice, but I think that is one loophole that they are trying to close.

Once you use the conversion cylinder you will probably never go back to BP and Ball so long as you can get and reload your 45LC.
I don't understand that statement. It just isn't true - if that's the way you truly think, then why are you here?
There are revolvers (and other guns) available that are chambered for 44LC - I have 2, one a rifle and one a pistol.
The hassle of loading a conversion chambered gun is just that - a hassle.
I have cap and ball guns to shoot cap and ball, I have flintlocks to shoot flintlocks and will always "go back" (and forth) to cap and ball, flintlock or modern revolver - without the hassle.

Unmentionable cylinders use ammo that may be now either financially out of sight, flat made of unobtanium or both. Also most come with instructions limiting them to using "cowboy" loads only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back