• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Trade knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hipshot

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Mailman handed me the trade knife I ordered from Jeff White today, I really like it.

zzzzz001.jpg

zzzzz009.jpg

That looks great. The stripes on the wood really stand out. Nice pleasing lines overall. :thumbsup: How long is the blade?

Thanks everyone, the knife is 9" overall with a 5" blade, 1 1/4" wide and 3/32" thick. I gotta decide what kind of sheath to make for it :hmm:

I have one just like this one that I use for a Camp Knife. Nice Knife and holds a good edge.

Jeff makes a nice Knife for the low price he charges for them.

Jimmy? Coleman from WY use to make some real nice inexpensive Trade Knives but I haven't seen any of them around for awhile.

Avalon Forge makes a Half Tang fairly PC Trade Knife. They were $12 the last time I got one earlier this Year. With a little work they are a nice Knife especially for $12.

Eli

Llewinman,Are the goods of Avalon Forge of good quality? The prices seem really reasonable.Those pocket knives are really cheap,must be trade imports LOL. Thanks.

Prairieofthedog,

I can only speak to the Trade/Kitchen Knife, it's the only one I have.

The Trade Knife is an import but overall it is pretty good quality. The Handle style as well as the Half Tang and the Blade Profile are pretty darn close to PC.The Handle is pinned with 2 Steel Pins.I am not sure what Steel is used for the Blade.

It comes from Avalon with a Shiny Blade and a Red Painted Handle. I aged the Blade on mine with a little Bleach and some rubbed back Blueing and sanded the Handle down to bare wood and put a little stain on it. The Wood is not Beech or Boxwood like many of the originals but for $12 and a little work it's not bad.

Eli

Latest posts

Back