• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to BP

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmdd

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here just thought I would check in, been lurking around the last couple of days and since I am an opinionated old goat, looks like I might fit right in here.... :rotf: Thought I would try and post some pics of my first attempt at building a factory kit gun. Built it to suit myself so if it not being historically correct is a problem for you, you have my permission to laugh and make fun.... :blah: Anyway I find this forum very informative, seems to be a lot of good experience speaking in here...I hope you don't mind but will be asking a dumb question every now and then. Thanks for letting me in your camp.

KentuckyFlintlock009.jpg

KentuckyFlintlock008.jpg

Welcome to the camp! Pull up a stump, pop a cork, and jaw a while. If you're looking for old goats....you've found one!

What caliber pistol is that? :thumbsup:

Welcome (from one opinionated old goat to another!) I think your first attempt at building a gun turned out pretty darn nice. :thumbsup:

welcome to camp.seems to be a lot of us "new old stock" gathering around the fire. Nice job on the pistol! Fire away!

Welcome to the MLF Alvin! High five on your pistol kit,that turned out really nice. :thumbsup: We have a seat at the fire for you so join us and contribute when you can.

Glad your here, you did a really nice job on your pistol. Put it on the builders bench and tell the story. good luck

Very nice job on the build. But then thats jus the opinion of another "Old Goat".

:thumbsup: :hmm:

Welcome to the forum. Love the attitude.. It suits me well enough if its not historical-screw y'all. Another grumpy old guy. You shall fit in nicely :thumbsup: :rotf: :rotf:

Well, from one old goat to another, welcome! I'm somewhat familiar with Lubbock, but my familiarity is a little dated......my wife and I were married there 52 years ago this month. We honeymooned in Plainview on our way back to Amarillo, where I was stationed in the AF.

You'll find lots of advice here. It will be up to you to sift through it to find what works best for you.
:hatsoff: :hatsoff:

welcome to The Forum nmdd - lots of 'opinionated old goats' here - and lots more opinionated not-so-old-goats to boot :hatsoff:

Back