• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to Blackpowder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhaldeman

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings, I was gifted a 50 Cal Hawkins and am in the process of cleaning and buying supplies to get ready to fire it. Prior military and have been shooting for 38+ years, but never a flintlock. Looking forward to the new experience.

Attachments

• 602CDB94-5422-408B-945E-5AED1D35E93C.jpeg
    602CDB94-5422-408B-945E-5AED1D35E93C.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 111
Welcome to the forum, glad you jumped right in and are a supporter too. Lancaster Penn, wow! That is where one of my favorite rifles comes from ...The Early Lancaster Flintlock.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇸

Greetings, I was gifted a 50 Cal Hawkins and am in the process of cleaning and buying supplies to get ready to fire it. Prior military and have been shooting for 38+ years, but never a flintlock. Looking forward to the new experience.
Welcome to the online insane asylum for black powder enthusiasts. :thumb:

Welcome to he forum, I'm new to black powder as well. I've also been shooting most of my life. I have a Hawken although it's a percussion not a flintlock. I've learned so much from this forum just by sitting back and reading everyone's threads. Anytime I've had a question, everyone jumped in and helped me with advice, no judgment. There are some very knowledgeable people on here, and they're very friendly and will to help a "newbie." I'm sure you'll enjoy and learn much as I have. PS. "
Thank you for your service."

Howdy from the Piney woods of East Texas ! May I suggest searching your area for a ML club or group to go watch and shoot with . Great way to break in and learn and meet now folks. Will be lots of help and suggestions.

Welcome to he forum, I'm new to black powder as well. I've also been shooting most of my life. I have a Hawken although it's a percussion not a flintlock. I've learned so much from this forum just by sitting back and reading everyone's threads. Anytime I've had a question, everyone jumped in and helped me with advice, no judgment. There are some very knowledgeable people on here, and they're very friendly and will to help a "newbie." I'm sure you'll enjoy and learn much as I have. PS. "
Thank you for your service."
Thank you

Back