• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New T/C Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's a new project I just finished. In order to adapt this brand new stock to the older parts I had to do some tinkering. There is a hole through the wrist on new T/Cs that the old ones didn't have. I epoxied an oak dowel into the hole which I had carefully fitted and stained to match the walnut. After it had set I carefully drilled the holes to match the old stock. I also had to remove a little wood to get the set triggers to work properly. There is still a lot more meat in there than the old stock had. When everything was working properly I sealed the new inletting with Formby's Satin Finish Tung Oil. I then installed a new 15/16ths .54 caliber Green River barrel. I may bed the tang with some epoxy to make sure it's good and solid. It looks like a brand new factory rifle to me. After I sell my old parts, I think I'll have less than $300.00 in it. This gun hangs like a rock. The balance is awesome when aiming it off hand.

000_19041.jpg

very nice mark the stock looks great,i always thought that tc should have done the hawken with a 1" barrel and 30" long same with the renegade.
bernie :hatsoff:

Are you sure you mean a Green River Barrel and not a Green Mountain one? I had a Green River on a TC Hawken several years ago and it was extremely accurate. I thought they stopped making them years ago.

Oops! I meant Green Mountain, I got a good deal on it from Track of the Wolf.

I did have a Sharon T/C barrel at one time. I wish I still had it.

Does anyone know if the 1" Green Mountain barrels are equipped with the same sights as the 15/16" barrels? I'm thinking about picking up a Renegade to install a 1" roundball barrel in and I don't want the Renegade type sights.

The rear sight on the 1" Green Mountain barrel looks just like the rear Renegade sight and operates the same. The front sight is a bead sight just like the one on your rifle in the photo however, not the squared off patridge sight the Renegade has. I prefer the Renegade front sight but have gotten used to the bead sight.

Thanks I've located a new looking Renegade that they are asking $195.00 for. If it's still there Friday, I'm going to get it and convert it to a .58.

You're welcome there Swampman, ooops Mark :grin:
I put that GM 58 RB barrel on a Renegade stock I got from the other site. It's a shooter. $195 is a good price for the full rifle. I paid $125 just for the stock.

I picked up a Renegade about 6 months ago for $125.00. She's a shooter done knocked out one deer & lookin' foward to a bunch more. :thumbsup: By the way Mark,great lookin' rifle. :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back