• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New old dude from WV

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty far, I am near Harpers Ferry. Seems you can not hunt deer with a firearm,
That’s right, our county and 3 more have been bow hunting only since 1979, guess that fueled my passion for bow hunting over the years, when I gun hunt its with a hawken .50 cal. in a gun legal county

Welcome, I'm new too. I knew the Atty. Gen. from your neck of the woods. Started BP in WV in 76 before they had a season for BP and deer.

Your 4 counties down there are pretty tough hunting terrain. They still don't have a ML season for you?

Your 4 counties down there are pretty tough hunting terrain. They still don't have a ML season for you?
Still no gun season, it’s taken 40 yrs for the deer herd to recover from being decimated back in early 70s, idiots shot anything that looked like a deer whether it had head gear or not, for my part I hope they never reopen gun season down here, although just about every thing here now is leased up

Hello everyone I’m Ron Cook ,I’ve never been a member of a forum before, I’m 72 yrs old and have been muzzle loading since 1984, I also enjoy bow hunting, fly fishing, restoring old Coleman lanterns, and old Jeeps, thanks for having me
All the Old Guys welcome you...

Welcome to the land of booming sounds and sweet smelling blue/gray smoke. I'm in O-hi-ho, land of soybeans and field corn and slow drivers.
We call it the Hi'-uh Riv-ur' and the state of Hi'-uh, but sometimes people have me slow down and pronounce it O-hi-o. But thanks for the welcome.

Back