• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New movie soon: "The Powder Horn"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son's best friend has been a movie stuntman for years...this movie may be of interest:

Attachments

• 01AC70B8-B78D-4DAE-9679-5055B567B598.jpeg
    01AC70B8-B78D-4DAE-9679-5055B567B598.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 379
Hmm, reading the web page for this I can't help but nitpick just a little. I was curious about the time frame for this mini film. The title "powder horn" made me think it is in fact a reference to the mid 1800's, likely prior to the civil war. The rifle and clothing of the actor in the pic above would point in this direction, I think. If that's reasonably accurate, the setting of the film, the nueces river, runs to the gulf through what was very rugged and hostile country for much of the 19th century. In the 1840s through to the 1870s it was certainly "Indian country" in all senses of the term. Not a place I would expect a cowhand to be travelling or moving livestock as it was so far from the settlements of central Texas (San Antonio, Austin, Seguin, etc) and so very dangerous. I know it's a minor detail, and I am curious about the story. I hope they are able to produce it.

Hmm, reading the web page for this I can't help but nitpick just a little. I was curious about the time frame for this mini film. The title "powder horn" made me think it is in fact a reference to the mid 1800's, likely prior to the civil war. The rifle and clothing of the actor in the pic above would point in this direction, I think. If that's reasonably accurate, the setting of the film, the nueces river, runs to the gulf through what was very rugged and hostile country for much of the 19th century. In the 1840s through to the 1870s it was certainly "Indian country" in all senses of the term. Not a place I would expect a cowhand to be travelling or moving livestock as it was so far from the settlements of central Texas (San Antonio, Austin, Seguin, etc) and so very dangerous. I know it's a minor detail, and I am curious about the story. I hope they are able to produce it.
As the originator of this post...and a 3rd generation Texan (makes my kiddos 4th and grands 5th) plus from South Texas...Kozmo you are correct. In fact the Texas Rangers were initially deployed to South Texas to control the Indians and later cattle rustling from Texas into Mexico. I will ask my son to find out more about the time frame, etc. of this movie.

"The Powder Horn" is a film set in mid 19th century of unsettled South/Southwest Texas and centering on the legend of "El Muerto", one of the more notorious true-life myths of the old west. The working or traveling folks in old West were sometimes very superstitious when alone in a very troubled country. It is a short film based on one of those actual recorded true-life legends. Think of yourself in that era, at night, alone! Now in production:

Attachments

• 2120C00C-4673-402A-9B10-6683F2869452.jpeg
    2120C00C-4673-402A-9B10-6683F2869452.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 152
No point accepting or promoting a good concept or plan today when it’s possible to maybe have a perfect concept or plan in another ten or fifteen years, when hopefully someone comes along and agrees to financially back that perfect concept or plan before someone points out what wrong with it.

I believe concrete goes back at least as far as the Roman Empire.

Yup, you are obviously thinking about the dome of the Pantheon in Rome. It is an astonishing feat of architectural engineering at every level. The structure of the roof tapers in thickness from the eave - being circular there is only one - to the apex. How was it done? V e r y carefully.

The Pantheon still holds the record for the world's largest unreinforced concrete dome. It is also substantially larger than earlier domes. It is the only masonry dome to not require reinforcement. All other extant ancient domes were either designed with tie-rods, chains and banding or have been retrofitted with such devices to prevent collapse.

I’ve been watching more indie movies on TUBI and Amazon lately and I’ve been pleased. The acting is a little stiff, but technical advisors are working hard to keep anachronisms to a minimum.

Peter Sherayko (Tombstone) has been into making more period correct movies. One was ‘A Soldier’s Revenge’. Overall a pretty good movie.

Latest posts

Back