• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from Western Pennsylvania

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armyblackpwdr

New to muzzle loading
Reaction score
Hi, new member from western Pennsylvania. I wanted to try black powder so I picked up a T/C Seneca .36 from a local shop and am enjoying shooting targets and trying to pick off groundhog’s with it. I appreciate any tips or tricks to help me wring the most accuracy I can from this fun little rifle.

I wanted to try black powder so I picked up a T/C Seneca .36 from a local shop

🤯

Rare as hen's teeth, and highly sought after, and he walks into his LGS and just buys it! ...

SORRY, Welcome, and YOU DID GOOD! :thumb: Providence..., you were meant to shoot black powder.....

LD

Hi, new member from western Pennsylvania.
Welcome.....

You should consider attending the Pioneer Flats Shootout fun in Franklin PA in September. ( No date yet )
There will be a FREE woods walk event to shoot that Seneca all you want.
We collect no entry fee money or give out any prizes, medals or money.
Just come & shoot all day long in the shade with other BP shooters & have fun.

Here is an example of the fun you may encounter:

Welcome.....

You should consider attending the Pioneer Flats Shootout fun in Franklin PA in September. ( No date yet )

Thank you that sounds like a good time!

Welcome.....

You know what I like about that video?
It showed a bunch of guys dressed casual and shooting ML's.

Speaking for myself, many of the shooting stuff I've watched or seen shows everyone dressed period correct or adopting a "persona" like in CAS or SASS as well as rendevous and such.
And for the average gun nut, like me, it keeps me away from events because I don't have the garb to go with the guns.

Well, that and the ankle bracelet only lets me get so far away from home ;)

Welcome from New Castle, PA. I shoot at Castlewood Gun Club most Sundays. You have a nice small muzzleloading off route 8 toward Pittsburgh, Cooperstown Trading Co.

Back