• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from Henderson, Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy, y'all! I'm new to BP and ML. I have no experience with BP, but am familiar with firearms in general. My dad past away in August. He was an accomplished artist who painted with oils and water colors. He also had an oil painting and pencil sketch series on the civil war. One of his props was an 1851 colt replica made by Connecticut Valley Arms Inc. To the best of my recollection, Dad purchased the revolver from a civil war reenactor in the 80s. Other than using the revolver as a reference piece for his artwork, it was never fired or cleaned. Now that I have the revolver, I understand why it was never fired. It was completely seized/frozen when I received it. After copious amounts of penetrating lube and disassembly, I now have the revolver working as it should. Unfortunately, the frame is brass and the barrel has significant pitting. Restoration is still in progress. My goal is to shoot it a few times. In the meantime, I'm hoping to start a collection and begin my journey with BP. I look forward to getting acquainted with those involved with the forum. I've already learned a vast amount over the past day and I appreciate y'all for making this possible. Shannon
Welcome

Southwestern has last Public Day this Saturday. Time frame 1760-1840 so no revolvers. Plenty of other plunder and foofaraw though.

1710428458311.jpeg

Howdy, y'all! I'm new to BP and ML. I have no experience with BP, but am familiar with firearms in general. My dad past away in August. He was an accomplished artist who painted with oils and water colors. He also had an oil painting and pencil sketch series on the civil war. One of his props was an 1851 colt replica made by Connecticut Valley Arms Inc. To the best of my recollection, Dad purchased the revolver from a civil war reenactor in the 80s. Other than using the revolver as a reference piece for his artwork, it was never fired or cleaned. Now that I have the revolver, I understand why it was never fired. It was completely seized/frozen when I received it. After copious amounts of penetrating lube and disassembly, I now have the revolver working as it should. Unfortunately, the frame is brass and the barrel has significant pitting. Restoration is still in progress. My goal is to shoot it a few times. In the meantime, I'm hoping to start a collection and begin my journey with BP. I look forward to getting acquainted with those involved with the forum. I've already learned a vast amount over the past day and I appreciate y'all for making this possible. Shannon
Welcome from East Texas

Sounds like you have the bug. It’s a good and fun one to have.
So welcome from Western North Carolina

Another Howdy from North Texas and welcome to the forum. If you go to the handgun section you'll find plenty of tips and info about the CNB revolver.

welcome from north carolina.these people in here can help you.

Howdy, from Lufkin.

Back