• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Horn & Strap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanscamaro

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I finished my latest horn and strap. The strap reflects all my skills at inkle weaving, so please don't look too close at that. I'm doing more straps in an attempt to get better. It has a couple of antler buttons where the braided leather from the horn attach.

The horn has a scrimshaw of a couple of wolves, which I found and really liked. Yeah, that is a pouring spout at the base end of the horn. I had bought a couple of those brass fittings in the past (I like brass) and put them on there because they just fit a brass funnel I had for pouring in powder from cans. The knob at the pouring end is stabilized buckeye burl, which I had in my stock of pen blanks for turning pens.
Feb2010Horn.jpg

I appreciate all the good words. The strap really sucks and its amazing how much digital photography covers up. I am still learning scrimshaw and need to work on background realism. I have a couple of new horns, rebuilt my Inkle Loom (it broke on that last strap) and have some new scrimshaw scratchers made from concrete nails. I'm ready to try another horn/strap.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:

Back