• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Haversack/Shooting bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickD

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I`ve been hunting a haversack but wanted something different..I picked this one up off of the CLA site..Made by Mitch Alexander..Handsewn Barktan Whitetail Deerskin Haversack. Handsewn with Hemp Thread measures 9" x 11" with a 52" Strap. Beautiful Knarly Bag Has an inside pouch. Lined with Hemp fabric.Been thinking I just may use it as a hunting bag beings I have a new rifle coming soon

2842482290063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2671040200063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2147835040063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

2054502830063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick, Mitch is a good buddy of mine, lives about 25 miles from me. He is working on a similar bag for me as part of the deal for my buying the 32 squirrel rifle from him. He made me a carrying sheath for a small knife and folding fork using that same technique. I'll have to post a picture later so as not to take away from your new find! Congratulations!! Emery

He does excellent work..Go ahead and post a pic I`d like to see it

RickD said:
He does excellent work..Go ahead and post a pic I`d like to see it
Mitch has perfected his bark tanned bags, sheaths, etc over the last few years. I was just about to go outside to take a couple of pictures and it started to rain. Will have to wait a bit or see what I can come up with indoors.

dang Rick! you gots some awful nice stuff! that's a dandy of a bag!! you ever get to use all this stuff? make me envious! :redface: jus dandy Rick, jus plain dandy! :hatsoff:

Thanks RC but I really dont have that much..Knives maybe and a few bags..

That sure is one special bag a bit worn but very nice!
Wen ya git tard of it leme know. :haha:
Dusty :wink:

Bob, it does look worn doesn't it? That's just the way the bark tan leather looks, though. As an aside, Mitch makes other leather items including custom saddles! I also have a canvas haversack, walnut dyed, that Mitch made. Emery

Emery,question,Is it wise to maybe put a leather treatment on the bag?

I would have to ask Mitch to find the answer to that question. I was about to put some Peckard's leather treatment on my knife sheath so maybe now would be the time to ask and report back. Emery

RickD said:
Emery,question,Is it wise to maybe put a leather treatment on the bag?
I just got an answer from Mitch "Hi Em
Tell him Deer Tallow or Bear Grease ONLY. Its a period correct bag , It should be treated as such.
Mitch"
I guess I should have expected that! Emery

Latest posts

Back