• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy in Arkansas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alphawolf45

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I live in southwest Arkansas ..
I am building my first muzzle loader..Not trying for anything fancy...Its an Allen boxlock action that I am machining from barstock ....Figure I have to make some mistakes and allow myself chance to learn the details..I have built a number of cartridge guns.. I probably know a few of you guys..Generally I finish a gun and fire it a couple times and if it looks good , functions correctly and dont blow up in my face I call it good and hang it on the wall and go build something else.......I might want to build a second or several more ML's, I dunno....I never owned a muzzleloader before :wink:

Welcome! Sounds like you'll be keeping the gun builders forum going pretty strong there.

Dan

Welcome from Wisconsin! Maybe you could post some pictures of your progress with the box lock action? Would be interesting to see another take on it.

Welcome to the MLF! Glad you found our camp. Sure would like to see some pic's of your project when you get it done. Pull up a stump and we have a place at the fire for ya.

Welcome from Wisconsin! Maybe you could post some pictures of your progress with the box lock action? Would be interesting to see another take on it.

Well Mazo kid..If I read that right you have built an Allen Boxlock action yourself? Did you buy the action or build one from barstock as I am doing?
I have a lots of tools and 30plus years experience working..I am almost casual in my efforts but I do pretty good..Sure I will start a thread in a few days and show pictures but I mostly interested in reading and seeing what others are doing... I started this gun week and a half ago and will finish it in a few more weeks....Will color case harden the receiver and rust blue the barrel,,Will cast a bronze buttplate for it....I dont get real fussy with any of this . I'll never be as good as lot of you guys but I am quite good at satisfying my own standards.....

Welcome. You'll find a wealth of knowledgeable folks here to help you down the right trail. So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Back