• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from N. Canton, Ohio

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Revolutionary War reenactment unit's commander lives in Canton, Ohio; as well as several members. I used to live in Clinton and worked in Wooster.
Check out the events held by the 8th Pennsylvania Regiment, Fort Laurens Detachment in Ohio next year.

New guy here that is enjoying my recent leap into the world of muzzleloading, and enjoying the challenges of a flint lock!
Be a bit of a poke for you but we shoot at Chesterhill once a month spring thru fall, there are also matches in Darbyville, Columbus, Centerburg and Newark. You'd be welcome to any and all, they usually shoot different weekends Centerburg switches and I heard Columbus is going to Saturdays, Darbyville shoots Saturdays the rest Sundays. Most have some kind of webpage. They'll be at least 12 people offering 15 ways how to do something but generally a great bunch of people, women are welcome. Most are a $15 entry and pay at least three places usually groceries per target, usually 10 at least with some reentries. Wolf Creek Capsnappers/Chesterhill, OH

My Revolutionary War reenactment unit's commander lives in Canton, Ohio; as well as several members. I used to live in Clinton and worked in Wooster.
Check out the events held by the 8th Pennsylvania Regiment, Fort Laurens Detachment in Ohio next year.
I actually was a member of the 29th OVI out of Wooster (Civil War) reenactment group when I came out of the military for a short time. As a young college student, just didn’t have the funds for all the equipment. LOL. I’ll check it out. FYI - since you lived in Clinton, I actually attended that old Clinton Elementary school back in the day.

@JmicHunter - we have an off hand indoor shoot that begins at 11am on New Year’s Day. We begin practice at 10am, then the regular shoot begins at 11am. The charge is $17. You’ll fire about 20 shots for the day. The members are outstanding, and are great coaches and mentors in getting off on the right foot shooting a muzzleloader. Hope you can make it, but they 2023 schedule should be posted sometime soon on the web site.

I should join,I use to be a member at north lawrence fish and game. I know the club isn't to far from north lawrence.

@JmicHunter - we have an off hand indoor shoot that begins at 11am on New Year’s Day. We begin practice at 10am, then the regular shoot begins at 11am. The charge is $17. You’ll fire about 20 shots for the day. The members are outstanding, and are great coaches and mentors in getting off on the right foot shooting a muzzleloader. Hope you can make it, but they 2023 schedule should be posted sometime soon on the web site.
I used to be president of that club many years ago. Recently moved back to Ohio. Still a member but it's a long drive to Fulton so I only shoot there a few times a year. I remember scoring targets in the cold and snow there.

I'm out of town on New Years day. But I'd like to check out one of those shoots.

Thanks @UndeadPoet I’m enjoying myself thus far. Where are you in the Piedmont? Spent several years in North Carolina and traveled quite a bit. Beautiful state! Was living in Southern Pines, NC for about 7 years. Moved back to Ohio to be full time grandparents.

Africa58double I was at the Log Cabin Shop yesterday in Lodi to pick up my left handed siler flintlock for my new project. Gun building class start on the 14 of Janurary, anyone close by stop in and say hello.

Latest posts

Back