• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
was at a gun show and picked up a Navy arms fowler made by Pietta its a 12 gauge cylinder bore with 28 in barrels. I looking for info on it. I sent e-mail to Navy they said they haven't carried it in some time...any body have one or any good information??? :)

Some of the Itialian double 12's had very little drop at the comb and were bad cheek bashers.
: Check your's out and see if you can look down the tubes without your cheek being hard against and on top of the comb. If it is, shooting will be quite painfull. ou may vbe able to remove some wood to relieve this sligtly. Some of the guns had enough drop - it just depends on which one you have.

I have one of them and love it. It fits me just right. I use it for most everything from doves and quail, to ducks and geese. Also on rabbits, both cottontails and jackrabbits. Have it shooting good now with rd balls and plan to use it on elk. Also found a local where i just moved to, that has wild turkeys on his place and he told me to come on out and hunt them. So i plan to use it on turkeys this fall. I think you will really like it. I seem to be able to make more kills with the cylinder bored barrels than with my Mossberg pump with screw in chokes. My normal load for ducks geese and rabitts is 95 gr Pyrodex Rs and 1 1/4 oz of shot. With the rd ball so far i have got good accuracy with 80 grs of powder. Have fun with it. They are a real Blast. ::

Back