• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new group

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Heap

40 Cal.
Reaction score
MOUNTAIN MEN OF THE HIGHLONESOME

Group will be located in the white mountains of AZ on the eastern border around Alpine and Springerville AZ. Loose knit group to meet for fun and shooting. Trekking will be a part of it. The White Mountains are not like Flagstaff, we have Fir, Spruce, and Aspen and is a pretty place to meet, camp and have fun.Traditional cap and ball or flints only, no inlines, no scopes or peep sights, unles you're unable to shoot any other way.

Be sure to get your new club incorporated, and get liability insurance. Both things are not important if you can totally predict & know everything that can happen, before it happens under the umbrella of your new club.

Thanks for the information, but this group will be a loose knit group, and everyone who signs up will be notified that they provide their own insurance if they feel so inclined.

I do not want to be the thunder cloud on you parade, but wives, widows, and children have a way of finding attorneys when accident happen.

I know you have been out to Ben Avery for the Western, and one of the requirement that Ben Avery has is.

Every group that use the facility like the NMLRA, SASS, Cactus Match (IDPA) have & provide a current copy of their enforce insurance.

All it take is one mistake, accident, or death & ever person who is present and part of the shoot or event will be name in civil litigation.

I am not sure if any of those in your group have a good amount of cash, property, or net worth.

Why don't you try to affailate with the group in Flagstaff, and become a branch of the Powder Horn Clan.

Might be a way to cover your backsides should you need coverage?

Think Insurance, and Incorporation.

I'm gone, and this deal is now shut down, I'll go on my own, I don't need all this manure. No more posts here please

I do not want to be the thunder cloud on you parade, but wives, widows, and children have a way of finding attorneys when accident happen.

I know you have been out to Ben Avery for the Western, and one of the requirement that Ben Avery has is.

Every group that use the facility like the NMLRA, SASS, Cactus Match (IDPA) have & provide a current copy of their enforce insurance.

All it take is one mistake, accident, or death & ever person who is present and part of the shoot or event will be name in civil litigation.

I am not sure if any of those in your group have a good amount of cash, property, or net worth.

Why don't you try to affailate with the group in Flagstaff, and become a branch of the Powder Horn Clan.

Might be a way to cover your backsides should you need coverage?

Think Insurance, and Incorporation.

Wow try to help a fellow cover his backside, and it gets labelled "manure". :shocked2: Well you did a good deed by trying to help a person out and avoid perhaps loosing everything. In some states a civil attorney will try and bleed the defendant dry..., and when he's forced the defendant into bankruptcy, then turns to the state to "help make his client [and the lawyer's wallet] whole". So they don't care, they get paid anyway.

LD

I am a big believer in having insurance before you wish you had after an incident, accident, car crash, fire, etc.

In this modern age if you have nothing like a home, good job, 401, retirement plan, you need no INSURANCE as you have nothing the legal system can take away from you.

People do not realize the first cost of not have insurance, is answer a letter from a lawyer who ask who you insurance company is. The money run out fast that you use to have had you been insured.

sage advice to have insurance. Unfortunately, the advisability of having insurance has ruined many ideas for groups and events.

If there is no insurance, the first thing Lawyers go after is the 1. negligent actor, then 2. the folks in charge.

Home owners will cover some things, but will try to weasel out of covering the folks in charge.

We tried to organize a fall "squirrel camp" Maybe 6 or 8 folks to camp during the late October Squirrel season. Got to be too big a hassle.

We do not always agree on things, you have insight and knowledge that most folks do not have here. They need to learn and listen to others.

Well because of the World we live in if you are contemplating doing what the guy who started the thread was talking about doing. Other members made suggestion to try and say the guy grief.

No one put a gun to his head to get insurance, it was just pointed out the pitfalls of not have proper insurance in place should disaster, accident, or S** happen.

Also it was suggested that maybe his group should try & affiliate with “The Powderhorn Clan” as I would assume that group hs the smart to have insurance.

Honestly people were just trying to help the guy out with useful suggestions, and he got hot, bother, and upset.

Wonder how he would feel named as a defendant in a civil action, where he had to hire a lawyer to try and get him out of something a little insurance would have taken care of.

I remember in another life going to people homes, and business with a court orders armed with badge & gun as an officer of the court.

Saying we have an order to take your car, we have an order to take part of your pay check each week, we have an order to empty your cash register, we have an order to place a keeper in your business to take any moneys until this judgment is paid in full, we have an order to take you home or mobile home & you have 48 hours to remove personal property.

Not a good time for people who got caught up in the legal system.

akapennypincher said:
No one put a gun to his head to get insurance, it was just pointed out the pitfalls of not have proper insurance in place should disaster, accident, or S** happen.
Some folks don't realize that having someone sign a waiver, doesn't keep you from being sued and losing the case. If you are found "negligent", it doesn't matter what they signed. And, you can be "found to be negligent" in court, even if you weren't.

Insurance is a good idea.

Claude said:
akapennypincher said:
Some folks don't realize that having someone sign a waiver, doesn't keep you from being sued and losing the case. If you are found "negligent", it doesn't matter what they signed. And, you can be "found to be negligent" in court, even if you weren't.

Insurance is a good idea.

AMEN

I was ok with the insurance part, don't get me wrong, but I received no interest and people is why this thread got shut down, NOT because I refused to have insurance. Let's get this all straight folks.

pictures of where a few of my treks happened are in the bottom of the trekking forum if you'd like to see where I've been holding my rondy's.

I just today found out about two rondy's here in AZ and the one close by is this coming weekend, Nov
11th, and I already have other commitments. I belong to one group here in AZ, paid my dues and joined, have only see a couple of newsletters, had we received a newsletter I'd have planned on attending this one, but no newsletter in months. Tried to sign in with the group holding this rondy, sent in the information they requested for a membership application, nothing, tried several times, nothing from them. This is why I am going it alone. There is nothing in the forum about it. At least at my rondy's I'll know when and where its at. ha ha ha ha :td:

Back