• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from MI

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweek

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy all, newbie to the site and to muzzleloading from Michigan.

My one and only (so far) is a T/C Hawken caplock .45 I picked up used a few weeks ago. Thought I'd finally give it a try. Figured for the hundred bucks I paid for it, I wouldn't be out much if I didn't like it.

Well let me say, I own several rifles, handguns, and scatterguns, but I can't say I've ever had as much fun shooting a new gun as I have with this one. What is it about these things? Methinks I'm addicted.

Tweek,
Welcome to the MLF. Visit often and contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Oh yeah, you're addicted all right. Welcome to the forum. :hatsoff: I hope you get to hang around a while before you get arrested because you STOLE that rife. Congratulations on a good buy.

Welcome Tweek, Sounds like you've got a great start! But keep me in mind if you decide that this sport is not for you I will gladly give you your money back for that TC :wink: Good Luck & Good Shootin'

Howdy Tweek. Welcome aboard! :hatsoff:

They are definately addictive. Like you, I shoot many different kinds of guns, but my muzzleloaders are by far my favorites.

My first bought ML was a TC Hawken .45. Be careful. It doesn't stop there :haha: . Welcome to the forum :hatsoff:

Welcome aboard. you'll get most of your questions answered here. Whether you are a Youper or a troll Glad to have another Michigander here. Might just see you at one of the shoots here in the state. We have a shotgun byrd buster at the Linden Sportsmen club the 19th of this month. Len Graves

For those who won't get the humor -- youpers are from the upper peninsula of MI. Those in the lower peninsula are the trolls since they live "under the bridge", Mackinaw bridge that is.
:rotf: :rotf:
I be a troll.

Hey thanks all for the warm welcome.

No.4shot, West MI, Holland area.

The rifle isn't perfect, and looks like it was assembled from a kit, but after much shaping and complete refinishing of the stock and brass, it's looking much nicer. Bore does have some rust near the muzzle, but the rifling is still decent all the way out, and I think it shoots acceptably for what I paid.

I have some questions about it I'll post in the appropriate section soon.

Again, thanks all for the welcome!

Welcome your got the bug and it's a tuff one to get rid. Ibeen doing this since the 70's left and came back a bunch of years ago. Aint gonna leave again. Glad to see more and more fellow Michiganians on here

Welcome from a neighbor just to your west. As others have said, you are well on your way to owning more
muzzleloaders. Ain't they fun!!??

Latest posts

Back