• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from Hampton Roads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all

I am an off an on shooter of a 45 percussion revolver. Off and on due to a lack of place to shoot. If any members know of any outdoor ranges in the area I would appreciate a shout-out

Thanks,
Steve
Hello and welcome,
The Lafayette Gun Club in Yorktown, VA is a great place for percussion! Two outdoor ranges, 25 - 50 yds. and 100 yds. You need to be sponsored by a member as I remember, but look 'em up and go to a meeting and I'm sure they would be delighted to have you. Annual dues about $250 but the indoor 60ft range (no black powder the last time I checked) is open 24 hrs. They have a beautiful new air rifle range and shotgun shooting, too. Lovely folks and a lovely range.

Hi all

I am an off an on shooter of a 45 percussion revolver. Off and on due to a lack of place to shoot. If any members know of any outdoor ranges in the area I would appreciate a shout-out

Thanks,
Steve
Welcome from Vermont, land of Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys!

Howdy from Charles City- technically still in Tidewater! 🤣
The Department of Wildlife Resources has a few sighting-in ranges, but they close them from April to September for some ridiculous reason. The closest one to you is actually here, on the Chickahominy WMA.
EDITED: wouldn’t help you anyway; even though it’s legal to hunt with a pistol, it’s illegal to sight one in on a DWR sighting in range. A couple of my friends are retired VABeach fire and EMTs- I’ll ask them if they know anything down there.
Jay

Back