• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New frock pic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walnut hulls? No, i think maybe some Forest Green dye. Be better for turkey hunting than this white. She will dye them for you if you want for a little more but i figured i could dye it my ownself.

Hey now Bob, what's wrong with my Non PC headgear? :grin: The frock appears to be made from some kind of heavy muslin. Wife would know but she is out of town on business right now. It is all machine sewn and the hems are serged on it. Not handsewn, but the seams dont show on the inside.

Maybe a handfull of squashed up Elk olives in a bucket of water and an overnight soak would give it an interesting hue????

An interesting odor too. :grin: So why do you call it a Garment and why do i need to stand back from the fire TG? I think i missed something here.

I just try not to get into whether it is a frock, shirt, smock or coat there seems to be a lot of debate on the nomenclature many times both sides quoting the same source, as for the fire a lot of frings will burn faster, catch sparks, than no fringe, kind like fire starting when you have whiskers, just be carefull I have seen a few fringed shirts/frocks get singed, it is a very nice looking outfit might I ask what the price of it was?

TG ok, i just wondered what i was missing. I traded Sara some books i had that had pics of Period clothing and some patterns that she wanted for it. I think she wanted either $40 or $45 for it though. And $37=$40 for period pants.

That is a durn good price for a frock! I paid $80.00 for my Druids Oak 10 years ago! And yep. them little fringies just love to ketch on fire!

That is a very good price I expected it would be much more, nice find, that vendor will be busy when the word gets out.

Ok guys, i just inquired of Sara as to the actual cost she charges for them. She said $50 and they come in different colors too.

She will dye them for you if you want for a little more but i figured i could dye it my ownself.

If it has not been pre-washed, make sure it is oversized before dying. I got mine from Ike here because it had shrunk & no longer fit him after he washed it, heck when I dyed it later in hot water, it even shrunk a bit more. It is made from what I think is called heavy cotton drill cloth, almost like a light canvas.

She does pre-wash the fabric. She is also a member here now, and has some posted in the classifieds for those interested. She makes other period stuff too.

Great, will take a look.

Should have known she prewashed, kinda hard to dye without getting it wet. :hmm:

Rebel said:
She does pre-wash the fabric. She is also a member here now, and has some posted in the classifieds for those interested. She makes other period stuff too.

I can't seem to find her stuff for some reason, assume it would be under clothing?.

Contacted her already, got her catalog by mail and will order a pair of gaiters and a longhunters shirt. Rev.War in GE. :winking:

Nice! Just ordered a Frock and talked to her about making a wool pull over coat, similar to a shirt in The Frontier Rifleman book only making it out of wool and heavy enough to be a coat. :thumbsup:

Back